Gibson Brands Forums

Greatest "Juszkiewicz Era" (1988 To Date) Gibson acoustic?

Jinder

Given recent topics of discussion, what do you think is the crowning glory of the era of Gibson rebirth with Henry Juszkiewicz at the helm?

It's a toughie for me...one of the myriad superb SJ200s? Perhaps the Prewar Western Classic?

The Advanced Jumbo reissue?

The original J45 True Vintage Ltd. With Adi top?

I'd have to go with the Legend L00. In terms of form and function, I don't know if a better guitar was ever made.

What do you think?

I'm a big fan of the Legends, but ... Ren has said, in front of a crown of witnesses, that he thinks my '02 Adi/Braz AJ is the best guitar he's even built.

Of course, that was something like three years ago, and he's built some awesome guitars since!

-- Bob R

I'm afraid I could never answer that impartially, since I have a sycamore '89 J200 and I like it better than any other J200 I've played of any era.

And there's the "one that got away", a blonde 2007 J-185 that was so perfect I almost wept. I didn't have a credit card on me or it would have come home.

Too subjective and too prone to be influenced by individual experiences or preferences (note emotionally charged responses I gave). I just think the whole Bozeman era was/is such a dramatic change for the better, to use an overworked phrase, "it's all good". From the WM-45 all the way up to Ren/Val crazy-*** customs and everything in between.

The Bozeman setup is one of the best moves Gibson Acoustics has made since they left Kalamazoo. I've been drooling over them for quite some time. Last year, I finally got an SJ-200 that I absolutely love. The quality out of Bozeman has been first rate and some of the decisions regarding woods, finishes and forms, as well as what models to produce have been excellent. Unfortunately, IMHO, the same can't be said for Gibson Electrics.

I'm afraid I could never answer that impartially' date=' since I have a sycamore '89 J200 and I like it better than any other J200 I've played of any era.

And there's the "one that got away", a blonde 2007 J-185 that was so perfect I almost wept. I didn't have a credit card on me or it would have come home.

Too subjective and too prone to be influenced by individual experiences or preferences (note emotionally charged responses I gave). I just think the whole Bozeman era was/is such a dramatic change for the better, to use an overworked phrase, "it's all good". From the WM-45 all the way up to Ren/Val crazy-*** customs and everything in between.[/quote']

there's a guy here in town with an '89 j200 and its the best sounding gibson i've ever heard.

Archived