Gibson Brands Forums

ACE FREHLEY IS THE ULTIMATE LEAD MAN!!!

STAR CHILD

But it wasn't just one performance for JP' date=' its was hundreds. I don't know about Johnny Winter because I do not follow him, JP and his performances are a fact of history. So I stand by my personal feeling. In the studio not many could touch JP for his playing and his ability to create wonderful tunes. Live he just plainly sucks. Cali posted a video with JP and he was playing a few tunes even recently and he wasn't even playing his guitar; his fingers were not moving but sound was happening or fingers moving and no sound. Its sad,sad, sad, so many respect him as I do for his studio playing.

Not Live; for the most part there are children that play better than he did.[/quote']

One mans' garbage is another mans gold

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Love is blind

I bet your a Satriani fan

JIMMY PAGE, THE GREATEST ROCK GUITARIST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!

I saw Zep 8x live and was blown away each time...... If JP somehow sucked, I would certainly take his worst night over my best night every time.

As for KISS, I saw them once when I was 12, and I wasn't moved at all.... But I do have a deep appreciation for what they did for metal[cool]

My love of the Iceman came from Paul' date=' and the guitar over all was KISS. It was my first and second concerts, and many acts have tried to equal their stage show but many have failed. Although White Zombie had some cool stuff (saw them 3 or 4 times), too bad they appeared to be gtr syncing. When J jumped out to play the lead the rhy continued to play or when Rob stopped singing there was still vocals. This was only one show but it stained me for them. Although that pair of Icemen on stage was huge; between J and the female bass player using that gtr/bass. Yeah I love that guitar more than any other body style.[/quote']

I got this one cheap, it's a '79

IMG_0256.jpg

I have always loved Ace as a guitarist. It is fashionable to knock him, but he is a kick *** guitarist.

But Paul Stanley was always my favourite. Musically, he and Gene Simmons were the brains behind Kiss, and in terms of talent, Paul plays great rhythm and has one of the best rock n roll voices around.

Yep.

Paul's riffs made me want to sound "like that" and set me in search of the gear to do it.

Not the best voice in the world, but one of my favorites.

Same goes for his songwriting, not brain surgery but it works for me.

Can't believe the JP bashing going on here....when he was 'average' live he was off his face!!! Most of us wouldn't be able to stand up let alone play...and don't forget he wrote (with John paul) the stuff in the first place...

His songs stand way above anything Kiss wrote IMO....

Later years his playing has suffered from the abuse in the past....but he would still stand head and shoulders above anyone on this forum....

Respect is due...please [crying]

Thats damn sexy for sure..... Is that a original case? Mine fits my Iceman like a glove. I'll post pics in a few.

Yes it is, it's pretty beat though not as heavy duty as the newer ones. It also has the original strap and funky strap buttons. I can't even figure out how to put the strap on lol.

Thats a nice Iceman you got there too!

Pretty cool - for a novelty guitar....

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

One of these days I'm gonna have to play one.

What's the neck like on yours?

Were they pretty consistent with the profile?

Made in Japan?

I saw Zep 8x live and was blown away each time...... If JP somehow sucked' date=' I would certainly take his worst night over my best night every time.

As for KISS, [b']I saw them once when I was 12[/b], and I wasn't moved at all.... But I do have a deep appreciation for what they did for metal[cool]

And how old were you, when you saw Led Zeppelin?

Respect given' date=' but loads of really wild stuff going on also. Watch that video I posted and try to tell me he is not lip syncing with that guitar. He is a great in the studio but that live thing really suffered IMO.[/quote']

He could easily be moving just his thumb and finger just a tiny amount to strike the strings and due to the lower resolution of the video the movement just can't be seen.

IMO, there's nothing strange going on there. Sometimes videos on Youtube also have a bit of difference in regards to sound vs what you can see (slight delay).

Pretty cool - for a novelty guitar....

[biggrin]/ [biggrin]/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

One of these days I'm gonna have to play one.

What's the neck like on yours?

Were they pretty consistent with the profile?

Made in Japan?

Mine was made in Japan, wide medium profile.

Archived