Gibson Brands Forums

guitar debt

harmonicchaos

I'm gonna be playing for the rest of my life and i'm playing because i love it. I'm not a great player (i'm not that bad though) but i practice every day and i really want to be good. I'm not just another punk kid who buys a guitar (or has their parents spend tons of money) and either uses it as a prop and gives up playing pretty quick or just uses it to be cool. I'm not spoiled either i payed in full for my les paul and worked hard for that money. I don't get an allowance and i don't have a lot of material items - what few ones i do have i payed for. These guitars are my babies and i really love every aspect of them. don't watch much t.v. so i spend most of my time playing or learning about music. I'm really commited to what i do.

When you're a rich and famous guitar player someday, just remember who your old Gibby friends were. We'll be in nursing homes by then (some of us sooner than others heehee). Maybe your favourite charity will be the Gibson Nursing Home!? ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

atta boy,.harmonicchaos. you sound like a good kid. wish i'd had that sense of dedication when i was your age. your current skills likely exceed mine, despite the age difference. keep in mind, it should always be fun.

cheers,

rob

Sorry to hear about this.

If it's any consolation my J45 and my 335 have survived two periods of redundancy.

The cat went,the car went, the dog and wife nearly went but the Gibbos stayed.

Hope it sorts out

It's bin done!

TWilson I will deal with YOU later but now I have to work (saving up for the SJ300)

Ha' date=' that's right ya old sod! Keep yer back to the grindstone and that SJ-300 will be yours before you can say, "Bob's yer uncle." Just keep loading those cobblers and piling high the tosh. Bloody oath, hoisted by yer own petard, is it now lad? [/size']

Ha' date=' that's right ya old sod! Keep yer back to the grindstone and that SJ-300 will be yours before you can say, "Bob's yer uncle." Just keep loading those cobblers and piling high the tosh. Bloody oath, hoisted by yer own petard, is it now lad? [/size']

Can I please have a pint of what you're drinking?

Oh maybe not having recalled your comments in another thread

but after about 2 beers was relaxed enough to shoot.....without worrying about missing.....If I had too many I couldn't find my own butt with both hands........and the magic was over. Sip a couple ......... and get a little loosened up and all is good. Too much and the fingers turn into kilbassas!

Whoa...hey!

What in hades is a kilbassas?

Take care this weekend Terry, don't go off on any more unsolicted and unplanned rides in the country which take you near guitar stores. You'd probably be best employed propping up the bar.

If you tell me which one I'll catch a flight LOL.

Be nice next week LMAOROF!!!

I just watched your video and it's no wonder your dad offered to buy you a Gibson. You have a lot of talent. I can't believe you're only 14. Like I think Gilliangirl said, don't forget us when you're rich and famous and please do come and play for us in our Gibson retirement home.

thanks! you guys are too nice. i'm gonna try to do more videos and maybe revise the ones i've already made with ones i'm not so nervous in!

like i've said before i'm self-taught and being homeschooled i have no other guitarists (or muscians for that matter) to play with or ask feedback from. so keep the feeback coming and i can take criticism so be honest!

i'll try to make some more so you can get a better feeling for how i play.

thanks for all of support! it's cool that you guys (and girls) are nice enough to humor a kid!

Humor's got nothing to do with it. If I thought you sucked' date=' I would have just politely refrained from comment.

Fact is, I liked what I heard.

Have a good one.

[/quote']

it's always nice to know that you're not awful at something you love!

these songs i did weren't very hard so i can try to do something a little harder for my next video. skill doesn't matter that much as long as you try and really like it though (although maybe that's just what people who can't play really really well say so they don't feel bad or get laughed at :)

whew you guys are probably getting tired of me (i know i am). i'm gonna shut up for a while and go play :)

Keep it Harm!!!!!

I've done the same thing many times. When I was younger my Dad helped me buy all the great gear that I needed. I was paying him back all the time for one thing or another! It's worth it though. A great Dove like yours will be a keeper forever. Never take it for granted...I've done that a few times with my Gibsons and, whilst never getting rid of my SJ200, have bought various Martins and so forth, but there's no comparison-Gibson is THE manufacturer, and they make real instruments for real players-true keepers. And it doesn't get much more real than a Dove...not only are you a member of the elite Dove club, but you've got yourself one of the best Maple guitars in the world...and everyone knows that Maple is the Daddy :-)

Enough bluster. Keep it!

Keep it Harm!!!!!

I've done the same thing many times. When I was younger my Dad helped me buy all the great gear that I needed. I was paying him back all the time for one thing or another! It's worth it though. A great Dove like yours will be a keeper forever. Never take it for granted...I've done that a few times with my Gibsons and' date=' whilst never getting rid of my SJ200, have bought various Martins and so forth, but there's no comparison-Gibson is THE manufacturer, and they make real instruments for real players-true keepers. And it doesn't get much more real than a Dove...not only are you a member of the elite Dove club, but you've got yourself one of the best Maple guitars in the world...and everyone knows that Maple is the Daddy :-)

Enough bluster. Keep it![/quote']

i agree 100%! thanks.

maple is my favorite tonewood also. really, really love it in gibsons- it's brighter that most gibsons but it isn't thin sounding like a taylor and it still has better midrange and bass than a martin. perfect sounding!

You didn't show your face in the video because: A-You really are a werewolf named JohnT or, B-You have a gray beard and are actually 58 years old and bought that guitar for your son! Great playing, the Dove sounds nice!! Keep it forever.

You didn't show your face in the video because: A-You really are a werewolf named JohnT or' date=' B-You have a gray beard and are actually 58 years old and bought that guitar for your son! Great playing, the Dove sounds nice!! Keep it forever.[/size']

lol. ;)

actually i just didn't want to show my face because i'm fourteen (and don't feel like having my face in the cyber world). i like being able to put a face to a person online so i might end up doing a full shot later though.

And what might "LMAOROF" mean? Or is it too profane for a family forum! lol

lol, no it simply means, laugh my *** of rolling on the floor, and there's some of variations as well: ROFLMAO, ROFL, LMAO

you see, not everything we think of is dirty minded

lol' date=' no it simply means, laugh my *** of rolling on the floor, and there's some of variations as well: ROFLMAO, ROFL, LMAO

you see, not [i']everything[/i] we think of is dirty minded

Nice one Kenny!

JohnT wrote:Whoa...hey!

What in hades is a kilbassas?

A kilbassa is a sausage' date=' my good man. And what might "LMAOROF" mean? Or is it too profane for a family forum! lol[/size']

It's actually spelled Kielbasa. (Polish Sausage) Yummmmmm......

250px-Kielbasas.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielbasa

and "LMAOROF" = laughing my a$$ off rolling on the floor.

My god' date=' LiveSoundGuy, you've cut off your friggin' fingers!! Is that mustard by them? You bloody cannibal!! LMAOROF, indeed!! ha[/size']

That pic, reminds me I have to cut the grass!

Archived