Gibson Brands Forums

Getting some sun

PickitPaul

Just a beautiful day, so I cleaned off the fingerprints and shot some pics in the full sun. The sunburst looks real nice when it is lit by natural light. The back is very dark indoors, hard to see the wood grain, but shows up outdoors.

Does the stain lighten up with exposure / time on these? This is my first tobacco sunburst Gibson, and I'm loving it more every day, time spent picking does me good. It's a SJ TV sitka top

2ikdpxd.jpg

140mbcy.jpg

72u993.jpg

Wow, very nice. Would love to hear it. Never seen a Gibson sunburst I did not like though... I played a SJ true vinatge at Fullers in Houston a few years ago and still have GAS pains from it! Unfortunantly it was out of my price range, but still on my short list of dream guitars.

BD if yours sounds like the Ray Wylie clip you got one sweet Gibson! Thats exactly how a mahogany Gibson should sound. Also thank god I live in Austin and Ray Wylie is one of our "local" musicians as I have had the pleasure of hearing that SJ 5 feet away on 6th street.

BD if yours sounds like the Ray Wylie clip you got one sweet Gibson! Thats exactly how a mahogany Gibson should sound. Also thank god I live in Austin and Ray Wylie is one of our "local" musicians as I have had the pleasure of hearing that SJ 5 feet away on 6th street.

i've been to austin once and 6th street felt like the center of the musical universe.

Archived