Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone have any input on this guitar?

Artie Owl

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus

It's listed at 650$ cdn and is a "translucent Blue" which I really dig. Once I pay off my SG I think this will be the next guitar I buy, unless anyone has a say on whether it's a good or bad find for the price. Help?

Also, I haven't played it yet and obviously I would before I made any purchases, I just haven't had the time to go to the store yet.

Here is a pic

lg_ELPPTLCH.jpg

Imo not worth $650. The electronics are not very good and you'll probably want to replace them. The wood itself is not great so no matter what it is what it is. The resale value is also terrible.

Maybe buy a used one for cheap. That way you save money if you want to mod it and if you choose to sell it you won't lose a bunch of money.

Thanks Guys, I actually went to my music place and sat down with a few Gibson Les Paul Standards from the last couple years it was a blast. Then I picked up an epi les paul standard, picked out a couple notes, and feeling the weight and hearing the tone I respectfully put it back down. I'm not knocking it, but after I buy that solid state Marshall 50 I was playing those Gibson Les Pauls on, I'm saving my pennies up to add a real Les Paul to the collection. For. Sure.

Just like my SG there's no comparison between it and models made like my guitar.

Hopefully I'll sound better when I go back in a few years so as not to embarrass myself in a store full of guys who can really play ;)

Thanks Guys' date=' I actually went to my music place and sat down with a few Gibson Les Paul Standards from the last couple years it was a blast. Then I picked up an epi les paul standard, picked out a couple notes, and feeling the weight and hearing the tone I respectfully put it back down. I'm not knocking it, but after I buy that solid state Marshall 50 I was playing those Gibson Les Pauls on, I'm saving my pennies up to add a real Les Paul to the collection. For. Sure.

Just like my SG there's no comparison between it and models made [i']like[/i] my guitar.

Hopefully I'll sound better when I go back in a few years so as not to embarrass myself in a store full of guys who can really play #-o

You made the right choice. You can't go wrong with a Gibson Les Paul [blink]

That's the exact Epi. LP my son has. He likes it for now, but his dream is a Real Gibson LP. Has a tuning issue that's a little annoying at times but he gets around it.

Overall, not bad for an Epi, but good to see you decided to save for a Gibson.

BTW. I wouldn't buy an Epi and try to make it a Gibson with new electronics and pickups. I'd just get the Gibson in the first place by saving a little more to afford it. JMHO.

It would probably have to be a custom order. Unless you can find a used one. Somewhere in time, I know Gibson has made that finish before on an LP. It may have been a Guitar of the Week or Guitar of the Month, or a special issue.

Good luck in your search. It is a nice color.

I think i've seen a LP std. in blue on MF's site. take a look there.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Archived