Gibson Brands Forums

traffic

djroge1

It seems like the lounge is being used less and less. The most I've seen logged in since the "members only log-in" is around 10 or so. Perhaps I don't stop in during the busy times?

Talk about how to kill a forum and drive people away.

I agree.

Its the longest that I have seen threads remain on the 1st page of the lounge..

usually unless its particularly interesting, threads gain little responses before slipping to lower pages.[crying]

T-gods ban.

Along with Neo.

What' date=' you want to get banned too? Don't you know it's forbiden to mention those two around here? NExt youll probably mention that homz guy and get banned for life [crying

Kris...

Matt left for his own reasons, but I think it may be difficult at times for folks outside the US to "get" some national political perspectives.

OTOH, I'm on another list or two that have similar international memberships and really enjoy some of the back and forth.

In fact, one Brit friend wrote several rather extensive notes, as well as a published piece or two, that tend to reinforce my own belief that Anglophone culture has far more commonality than often appears on the surface.

I have kinda mixed emotions on the "closed" lounge. It's an interesting way to cut banter, but it's also an interesting way to enforce a degree of civility.

My oldest "e-list" was almost destroyed by some argument that over a number of years got to the point where certain individuals simply had to be banned because it was destroying the list itself.

On the other hand, I still enjoyed it because rhetoric is a favorite pass time of mine.

m

Yeah I too noticed that some posts stayed on the first page for a long time.

This morning it seems like there has been a fair amount of traffice/visiting & posting since I originally posted this.

It is a good thing, it means we are getting off our asses and doing something productive.

Without polictics, religion, race, immigration talk a lot of folks don't hang around here much. I personally prefer it that way, if I want to talk those subjects I prefer it to be in person.

Look at My Les Paul forums. Last time I checked, people browsing the say Historic section = 29; people browsing the Backstage section 230.

Kris...

Matt left for his own reasons' date=' but I think it may be difficult at times for folks outside the US to "get" some national political perspectives.

OTOH, I'm on another list or two that have similar international memberships and really enjoy some of the back and forth.

In fact, one Brit friend wrote several rather extensive notes, as well as a published piece or two, that tend to reinforce my own belief that Anglophone culture has far more commonality than often appears on the surface.

I have kinda mixed emotions on the "closed" lounge. It's an interesting way to cut banter, but it's also an interesting way to enforce a degree of civility.

My oldest "e-list" was almost destroyed by some argument that over a number of years got to the point where certain individuals simply had to be banned because it was destroying the list itself.

On the other hand, I still enjoyed it because rhetoric is a favorite pass time of mine.

m

[/quote']

I know things got a bit out of hand sometimes during the US-UK debates, but didn't see it comin' ...

What the Anglophone culture concerns, you're absolutely right milod about your statement...and maybe the ones livin' outside the UK and the US can judge this the best. For us Europeans, both of you have a lot in common on political point of view and even your current leaders have a bit the same prophile...just saying, there's nothing wrong with being american or english, on the contrary...europe is seeing your nations as renewers, ...a thing like "change" we definitely would need over here... alas

T-gods ban.

Along with Neo.

Damn, last time I was on here you were banned. Now it's T-god and Neo? Ok, what is going on in here. Cruz - you still around? I have seen Steveoshay, Milod and some others but I knew something was missing. One never knows. That goodness I get the emails from Gibson, even though they give me gas. That new 335.... simply amazing. Beeeeutiful.

Someone that knows me pm me - Cruz, Steve, Demoon.... wtf. happened?

Damn' date=' last time I was on here you were banned. Now it's T-god and Neo? Ok, what is going on in here. Cruz - you still around? I have seen Steveoshay, Milod and some others but I knew something was missing. One never knows. That goodness I get the emails from Gibson, even though they give me gas. That new 335.... simply amazing. Beeeeutiful.

Someone that knows me pm me - Cruz, Steve, Demoon.... wtf. happened?

[/quote']

I'm here...but I only came for the munchies and the wet t-shirt contest.

I'm here...but I only came for the munchies and the wet t-shirt contest.

Phew.... I will try to visit more often. Is it really true, the boys are gone or just suspended?

Did you win the wet t shirt contest?

Kris...

On another list - history and philosophy supposedly <grin> - it's interesting how some folks outside the major Anglophone cultures sometimes think we're all pretty much the same and how some folks outside think we're pretty different.

I personally think old Winston Churchill had the right idea in references to "The English-Speaking Peoples."

Part of it is the common language, but I think more is the common concept of how law works, as well as shared artforms. It's also so much easier for Anglophones to understand each other - and I don't just mean because of a common birth language. It's a deeper cultural thing we see in the way our music gets passed back and forth, etc., etc., etc.

One major point of note is that the U.S. continues to be somewhat more "liberarian" but it's far more a matter of degree than a matter of difference. Problem is that if you don't know what goes on elsewhere so much, it's easy to consider it a "difference" over which one might argue.

But music? If there is a culture that has spread its music concepts further than the Anglophones as a group, I don't know what it is. The Chinese perhaps many, many years ago, but not in the worldwide sense as Anglophones, I believe.

So... I love discussion of various political points from a cultural standpoint and perhaps that get me misunderstood as much as anything. But "Minstrel Boy" seems to me a song and tale that might be done even in a modern "rock" version and have the same share of meaning it's carried for centuries among Anglophones.

m

Archived