Gibson Brands Forums

What song are you learning lately????

onewilyfool

es-335...

You have no idea the memories that brought back.

I did that Fuller piece in the fall of '65 at a "folk festival" complete to harp and kazoo.

Never forgot the fun.

The really funny thing about it was that it got me in my first college rock band. Didn't have an electric guitar at the time, though. Just a single acoustic six string. Ah, the day...

m

Flyin' Shoes.......Townes Van Zandt

Come On In My Kitchen.....Robert Johnson

Blowing Away.......Check out the Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt version on You Tube. Talk about a couple gals that can belt it out. It is a real shame that these two didn't do more songs together. You can search and search for years and not find two voices that fit better together.

I love that song... I'm working on his "Song For Adam" and Stephen Stills' "And So Begins The Task".

Yeah, I love that song, too, Eddie. In fact, I was down to These Days and Ready or Not this past Sunday, and decided on Ready or Not for a couple of reasons, one of which is because I used to play it a long time ago so I figured I could get it down pretty fast and be able to tackle the next song soon. Fountain of Sorrow was right there, too (I had already decided the next song to learn would be a JB song).

Archived