Gibson Brands Forums

Yosemite National Park

Californiaman

I hope to go there sometime. I've heard it's pretty amazing.

My drummer actually just got back from Yosemite.

If you want to see some incredible photos of Yosemite, look up the work of Ansel Adams. I'm not that into photography but I love Ansel's work.

I've been there with my girlfriend in 1991 and did a one month trip through California, Arizona, New Mexico and even to Texas. That was the best voyage of my life!!! Impressive pieces of nature and Yosemite is overwhelming because of its size, everything is massive and big!

Thanks for posting those. Lovely.

It's the place in the States that I'd most like to see. Absolutely stunning.

I've been a fan of Ansel Adams since the late '70s when I first started to learn about photography. Later, when I was studying for my B.A. Photography I went deeper into his work and began to appreciate just how good he was.

There's a book of his pictures ('Ansel Adams at 100') which shows not only the well known shots of his but some almost unknown variations of them. There is, for instance, four different photographs taken from exactly the same place as his 'Clearing Winter Storm' but taken in differing weather conditions and taken in 1935, 1942, 1949 and 1972. Very interesting to compare them. Almost like being able to read an authour's first drafts and then the final work.

He was a genius.

According to my buddy, this is the highest water level in recent years. It's no wonder the falls are going off the way they are.

Huge amount of water he said.

Hopefully we'll get to visit there this summer. Still trying to plan a trip to the Sierra Mountains with the kids.[biggrin]

Archived