Gibson Brands Forums

Attn:Canadian 50's Tribute Buyers

truetone6

You have a "Real" Les Paul' date=' do you? (Vintage 1952-1960) If so, that's Great!!

But, most of us, don't have from 30 Grand, to over a Million Dollars, to

spend on one "Real" Les Paul. So, we buy the reissues, and the "Gibson lites," as

you call them, either from financial necessity, or more often, because we really

do Like/Love those guitars, in the first place. I see no reason, to denigrate someone

elses choice, of "Les Paul," just because it isn't one "you'd" buy?

CB[/quote']

I have two from the 50's. Bought them both new. I think I paid around 165.00 for the 56 LP TV yellow.

I feel shame [blush] ....oh' date=' who are you?[/quote']

I recently tested 3 different R9.. not that different from my Traditional LP. most striking is the varnish that definitely looks thinner and more "chic"

Yes these are better than USA factory products, but not enough to pay thrice the money of a good tradti LP.

but if I had the money I would also buy one, because those are one step closer to original burst, but that wouldn't make me a better guitarist.

remember page, green, clapton and other's LP, were "standard" at the time they bought them.

Could someone please post a detailed list of the qualities required to make a "real Les Paul" so I don't waste my money on anything less. Thanks' date=' David[/quote']

Any Les Paul made, between 1952, and 1960! All the others, are just "reissues!" LOL! (Just kidding, they're all "real.")

I wonder...does the "Log" count, as a Real Les Paul?! ;>)

CB

Could someone please post a detailed list of the qualities required to make a "real Les Paul" so I don't waste my money on anything less. Thanks' date=' David[/quote']

Apparently, it must be very expensive. That's the first requirement. [biggrin]

No need to thank me. I'm just glad I could help.

I think we should all stick together and do what we've always done - pick on Epiphone owners. [cool]

Epiphone owners grow up and become Gibson owners. I was a epiphone owner for years but now I won't settle for anything but Gibson.

Archived