Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone like vintage bikes? Indian variety?

dleth

I came across a 1940 Indian Scout about 2 years ago in ugly shape and told my father in law about it. He has a vision about things that I envy. And the intestinal fotritude to follow through. Following are a couple of pics on my lawn after the restoration. I can probably dig up some pre-restoration pics as well.

DSCF0652.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

It is a 750cc military scout. Only thing missing is a side car. Anyone know where to find one?

Dave

Very cool, man.

I had a '47 Arrow (memory is vague, it was in the '70's). It was a 437cc vertical twin. Was too young and stupid to keep it. Back then there was a guy named Sam Pierce who sold Indian parts. I had to order a shifter return spring from him. It was a long ordeal before the internet to do stuff like that.

Very nice man.

This one was fully restored by a guru about a few hours away from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The guy actually hugs it when he see's it.

This is the first time my father in law (also my best bud) had someone else restore something for him.

We share a property where we live and the vintage stuff is incredible.

Dave

Seems like a cool guy. You should buy him a good pair of shoes though -- the crocs are cramping his style in the worst kind of way. Whatever though' date=' amazing MC![/quote']

Real cool dude.

He has all the proper attire to go with it too. Doesn"t have a period rifle butt to go with it yet. Can't drive with the real thing around here.

Something about road rage...

Dave

Archived