Gibson Brands Forums

Limited edition box set from Buckethead and Brain

^For me...just takes out the cost of manufacturing and your middleman costs....you can buy directly from the artist...I like it personally. He'll actually make some money off of these...

There's a performer who I follow closely, who decided for her last record (which wasn't so much an album as it was previously-unheard recordings), she would have the sleeves printed professionally. The discs were burned on her own computer and hand-labelled.

Out of the ordinary for those who prefer the major label packaging, but for those of us who pay to have house concerts and get more personal with the artists, it's a nice touch.

^ I hear ya...actually Buckethead has done a few of these CD-R releases with hand drawn covers and signed by him....i believe they are some of his best selling albums...they make the fans feel special and appreciated. They are not overly expensive and boy do they ever go up in value...

Once the limited run is gone, some people will pay 5-10 times the original price to get their hands on one....now I haven't sold any of mine, but maybe I should sell em and buy a Gibson! [biggrin]

Well, kinda both Chan...

He keeps his private life VERY private but it is generally known right now that he is out of commission (lots of speculation on why) with injuries....

With that said...he's done the Limited Edition Hand Drawn, Numbered and Signed albums or box sets before (since 2007)....i believe there were 4 separate releases of this type of deal....one was a 13 cd set (a lot of filler in my opinion), a 5 cd-set (different than this one), and two singles....

I could be missing something....but thats what I remember...

i heard a bucket song for the first time about 6 months ago posted by a member on here...i liked it, on the strengh of that one song i bought 3 cd's from amazon...and wasted my money, i just can't get into his playing [cool]

he is a very talented man though [cool]

Thanks Shred!

Well, I'm not really a fan, per se, but I'm not a Buckethater either. I hope he bounces back and continues to play, and i hope his finances recover. Damn shame a former GnR guitarist to have financial issues....

Wow five CD's thats probably five or six songs if it's like his previous multi disk artist releases. I have the large hand drawn set he did several years back and it had a lot of duplication and repeated stuff on it at least I felt it did. For many others it was like the dead sea scrolls and everything on it was great.

i heard a bucket song for the first time about 6 months ago posted by a member on here...i liked it' date=' on the strengh of that one song i bought 3 cd's from amazon...and wasted my money, i just can't get into his playing [bored']

he is a very talented man though [cool]

LOL which cd's did you buy? He's got so many styles....some which i never listen to either. [cool]

And Chan....its not known if he actually has financial issues...some people would think so due to his illness but who knows really? He's so secretive about his life, you wouldn't know unless you were his bud...

Wow five CD's thats probably five or six songs if it's like his previous multi disk artist releases. I have the large hand drawn set he did several years back and it had a lot of duplication and repeated stuff on it at least I felt it did. For many others it was like the dead sea scrolls and everything on it was great.

Double post! You're talking about ISOT (In Search of The..)....i got it too...don't like 70% of it....but there are some gems in there...its a collector's item if nothing else to me...

Retro, i'm surprised you have that - i had not heard you talk about Bucket before (i don't think), good or bad....do you have his regular releases?

Yep I own a couple of his regular cd's also but nothing newer than 3-4 years old. He's a artist that I keep trying to like because he is very versatile but I have trouble with his weird actions and much of his stuff is repetitive and I can't really get into much of his music. I think it's amazing how loyal his fans are though, If I do make a comment on BH on the forum they are usually more to watch the rabid response of the posters than any real opinion.

I bought the in search of the box or whatever it's called cd set when it came out as much for the art concept as the music and like I said in the original post it's got a lot of strange stuff on it so don't listen to it.

i heard a bucket song for the first time about 6 months ago posted by a member on here...i liked it' date=' on the strengh of that one song i bought 3 cd's from amazon...and wasted my money, i just can't get into his playing [bored']

he is a very talented man though [wink]

Sorry to hear that. A lot of the albums aren't good for "beginners" and quickly turn people away.

Yep I own a couple of his regular cd's also but nothing newer than 3-4 years old. He's a artist that I keep trying to like because he is very versatile but I have trouble with his weird actions and much of his stuff is repetitive and I can't really get into much of his music. I think it's amazing how loyal his fans are though' date=' If I do make a comment on BH on the forum they are usually more to watch the rabid response of the posters than any real opinion.

I bought the in search of the box or whatever it's called cd set when it came out as much for the art concept as the music and like I said in the original post it's got a lot of strange stuff on it so don't listen to it. [/quote'] A lot of it is pretty repetitive, then again a lot of it is more progressive/experimental. It might be too avant garde/metal for you.

Have you listened to all of In Search of The? I don't have it but I know it has a few funky jams and non-experimental songs.

I hope best regards isn't too experimental. The long songs make them seem like improvised jams.

Yep I own a couple of his regular cd's also but nothing newer than 3-4 years old. He's a artist that I keep trying to like because he is very versatile but I have trouble with his weird actions and much of his stuff is repetitive and I can't really get into much of his music. I think it's amazing how loyal his fans are though' date=' If I do make a comment on BH on the forum they are usually more to watch the rabid response of the posters than any real opinion.

I bought the in search of the box or whatever it's called cd set when it came out as much for the art concept as the music and like I said in the original post it's got a lot of strange stuff on it so don't listen to it. [/quote']

Try to find some live recordings man. He really shines in a live setting

he is a very talented man though [wink]

Which albums did you get steve?

really more wasted crude oil on a guy who got famous from wearing a kfc hat but was later told to take off the trade mark.

what else do you expect me to say since you called me out. Nothing special about the guy' date=' 100000000000000 notes a second and my daughter can play better.[/quote']I expect you to complain that fast players suck because they're competitive while you're the one comparing them to your daughter. Competitive much?

And if Buckethead is as bad as you think, what does that say about what you think about your daughter? Not much. You're setting your own child at a low standard to make someone you don't like seem even lower.

Archived