Gibson Brands Forums

Picking her up tomorrow!!

daveinspain

I can't believe it, it's finally finished!! Tomorrow is the day I take the 45 minute ride to my Luthier shop to bring my Les Paul project home. All that's left is tweeking the action and set up which he is working on now....[biggrin] So if all goes well the pics will be up tomorrow or Friday....

Sure thing Thunder... But I have a real busy day tomorrow, road trip to get the guitar and band rehearsals too. BTW I think I forgot to mention things got ironed out with my band...[biggrin] We are going to keep it together... We had a band meeting and after high tension and some near walk outs we ended up in a group hug... Anyway if I don't get the pics up tomorrow I'll do it Friday... [biggrin]

How long did it take to finish the customizations? I believe you posted the length a while back' date=' wasnt it like 2 years? Or am I waaaaaay off? [/quote']

No you are not far off at all... took me several months to get all the parts together I wanted. I found the LP worn brown body, the double ring, double line tuners, bridge and stop bar, vintage amber tone and volume knobs all on ebay. I got the pick ups from the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop, Jimmy Page push pull coil split and phase reverse with bumble bee caps kit from RS Guitar Works. Pick up rings and other plastic washers, plates...etc as well as the toggle switch and 1/4 inch guitar jack also came from RS Guitar works.

That was the easy party... The finishing is what took so long....

Archived