Gibson Brands Forums

Did I just do something stupid?

GuitarJunkie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am screaming 3 things...

1. Classics have yellow inlays. On purpose.

2. Classics have plain tops. On purpose.

and...

3. It is NOT a Vintage Sunbusts. Mine is. See avatar.

+1 on not trusting the guy though.

good points there man... i guess him lying blinded us all to the fact that this guiutars are made that way to begin with.

I am screaming 3 things...

1. Classics have yellow inlays. On purpose.

2. Classics have plain tops. On purpose.

3. It is NOT a Vintage Sunbusts. Mine is. See avatar.

First off, I'd say it's already been established that I'm taking a pass on this one.

I don't necessarily think the yellow inlays and plain tops are a bad thing. As a matter of fact, I liked the top on this one (the photos don't do it any justice) and it was the best thing about this guitar. It's just that they might be factors as far as limiting potential buyers (my only intent was to flip this one). If the situation were the same but it was a Classic Plus with a flame top, I would have bought it in a second. A flame top LP will always have a wider appeal than a plain top. It's just the way it is.

As far as the color, Vintage Sunburst didn't sound right to me either but the inspection tag in the case had the model number (not exactly, but something like LPCHVSNH1) on it. There was an extra letter or two in it from what I'm used to, but I thought the "VS" was most likely the color code. To me, it looks like Heritage Cherry.

Come-on you guy's that thing is sweet and pre-2006 it should be soild and heavy.

Buy-it. Play it a while' date=' You will end up keeping-it.[/quote']

Dude, what's with you and hyphens? They appear in your sentences almost as much as spaces! ;-P

It doesn't bug me' date=' it just makes no sense whatsoever. Just thought maybe your space bar was broken half the time![/quote']

Ever heard of e-bon-ics Ian dude. I'm from chicago and greece and In chicago, we have our own phrases and our own way of talk-in. That's why I use these hyphens, so sheltered little rich kids from nebraska might get the way we talk, and as far as what we do to anyone thats-a make-in fun of the way we talk. Well maybe you have heard of the greek joke about how we seperate the men from the boy's-ha.

hehehehe

i think we should get that lynrd-skynrd kid here, he might get on ians nerves with his writting too!

cmon guys... i think most of the time we understand very well what everyone here is trying to say (unless he talks about the distortoin switch on his gibson custom shop, but thats a completely different story!)

the distortion switch on my les paul is really good

but i was thinking of up-grad-in-g to a fender synthetic solid state distortion switch be-caus-e my tube distorton switch has paint on it which effects the tone in a negative way

Hey Ian, just pick-in on-ya cause your kool and I'm nut's. Don't mean noth-in by it, just play-in. Hey how old were you when you started play in, I was 12 when I really started jamming and was surrounded by 70's burn-outs. My old man always was jam-in too loud in the basement and I was bought up with his 1958 les paul cherry sunburst that I could never touch unless he was around, that photo of your self in the basement reminds me of my child-hood a long time-a-go.

Hey Ian' date=' just pick-in on-ya cause your kool and I'm nut's. Don't mean noth-in by it, just play-in. Hey how old were you when you started play in, I was 12 when I really started jamming and was surrounded by 70's burn-outs. My old man always was jam-in too loud in the basement and I was bought up with his 1958 les paul cherry sunburst that I could never touch unless he was around, that photo of your self in the basement reminds me of my child-hood a long time-a-go.[/quote']

'Kay man, 'cause I'm just messing with you.

I started playing when I was 16...WAY too late. If I would of started sooner I'd be a hell of a better player!

I started doing sound engineering and running sound for bands when I was 14, so I'm a much better producer / live sound nerd than anything.

how many lead singers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1, he/she just stands there with the lightbulb in position and the world turns around him/her

(dont know if the transaltion got out ok... hope it did, dont wanna be treated like lynking skynkingerderd)

how many lead singers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1' date=' he/she just stands there with the lightbulb in position and the world turns around him/her

(dont know if the transaltion got out ok... hope it did, dont wanna be treated like lynking skynkingerderd)[/quote']

Lol, thats a good one thunder

the distortion switch on my les paul is really good

but i was thinking of up-grad-in-g to a fender synthetic solid state distortion switch be-caus-e my tube distorton switch has paint on it which effects the tone in a negative way

now that one had me laughing.=D>

I'm not sure where I heard this:

How many Les Paul freaks does it take to change a lightbulb?

4, 1 to change the bulb, and the other 3 to stand around and talk about how good the old one was.

Archived