Gibson Brands Forums

If you could sing like anyone......

Gilliangirl

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind my own voice, I just wish I could learn to sing from the heart, full of emotion, and really sing with feeling for the songs I play, AND that it would come naturally, with no fear of playing in front of others. That's all I ask......lol........

Amen Brother... But for me learning all the technique and taking the lessons is so that I can get past the mechanics of singing. Once I stop thinking about and worrying about singing and can start feeling the song and words....then I may be on to something!! [thumbup]

People say that singing is 10% technique and 90% mental..... I think really that it should be said that singing is 10% technique and 90% mental 90% heart ...it is getting past the brain that is the biggest trick.

If we all sounded like we wanted to, we'd all sound like George Jones --Waylon
. Heck, some us would be glad to sound like Waymore. Its an intimate sound, oft spoken, sometimes declamatory, sometimes crooning. More than a hint of the blues.
--just might be my favorite hillbilly singer.

Those of us who love and need to sing end up just doing it. I'm never gonna sound like anything more than I am, which is pretty much all heart and NO technique :rolleyes: , but after too long of a time, I finally stopped caring (in a good way). So I take myself out to my favorite friendly open mic bar, and... I do what I do.

I'm finding that so many of us are in the same boat, and for that reason, nobody's looking to be entertained. But everyone looks for a connection, and there's plenty of opportunities for that.

And usually, I don't know WHAT's going to come out of my mouth, and it's always rough, but sometimes...sometimes...a nice little space opens up and I can feel someone following me into it.

And for me, that's what it's all about. I'll take that any day.

Archived