Gibson Brands Forums

How is Epiphone different than Gibson?

WahKeen

Hah' date=' gotcha! :D/ :-s

*and I know the "gatcha" game has been done before, so... [biggrin *

Epiphone is for real players because they don't have to worry about the price tag [-( (I've actually seen this before, someone wrote that all Gibson players are posers because they buy it for the name)

I #-o 'd

One can look at this question in many ways... one way would be:

Gibson for professionals' date=' Epiphone for the bedroom players.

Eh? Eh?

[/quote']

Quite a few bands now that are big names (Kings of Leon, Anberlin, Silversun Pickups) that play Epiphones... Look around the forums, and see how many poeple play Gibsons ONLY and refuse to have anything else. Counter argument b!tchesssssss

John Lennon played an Epiphone [blush] just sayin [blush]

You guys missed the sarcasm in my note...i know that pro's use Epiphones but you don't hear about it very often around here....its all about "If you don't play a Gibson, you suck" ...

I get at least 1 or 2 digs every time i mention my epi's....i LOVE my Epi's...but yes, to avoid an argument, I would like a Gibson if I didn't have to spend my money elsewhere. Though, i'm a bedroom player and my tone sounds pretty awesome to me...

You guys missed the sarcasm in my note...i know that pro's use Epiphones but you don't hear about it very often around here....its all about "If you don't play a Gibson' date=' you suck" ...

I get at least 1 or 2 digs every time i mention my epi's....i LOVE my Epi's...but yes, to avoid an argument, I would like a Gibson if I didn't have to spend my money elsewhere. Though, i'm a bedroom player and my tone sounds pretty awesome to me...[/quote']

I like some of the Epiphone line, I really want a Wilshire and a Sheraton. I want to mod the Sheraton because I don't necessarily care for the pickups, but when the alternative is really dropping 3 grand on a Gibson 335, the choice is obvious.

Not knockin' Epiphone, but when it comes to electric guitars, I much prefer the "real deal" and IMHO, Gibson ARE the "real deal."

But having said that, I'm really considering buying the Epiphone Roy Orbison signature 12 string acoustic. Played on one today and loved it!

One can look at this question in many ways... one way would be:

Gibson for professionals' date=' Epiphone for the bedroom players.

Eh? Eh?

[/quote']

Yeh; then why has the Edge from U2 been seen playing an Epiphone Sheraton II? He plays in arenas, not his bedroom.[biggrin]

I'd be happy with a Mandolin from Epi

I thought about getting an epi mando, knowing my epiphone guitar is so awesome. I ended up getting a $200 Kentucky, which completely satisfies me.

To answer the OP, gibsons say "Gibson" on the headstock, while epiphones say "epiphone". I would say my $500 epi beats my friend's $1000 Gibby. Or maybe his just sounds like crap because he has the pickup selector on bridge, with treble turned up to 10, and effects turned on constantly.

Archived