Gibson Brands Forums

Got careless today...

STLBlues

...and put my first ding on my semi new R9.

Was at a buddies house for a jam session and i held my guitar up by the neck attatching my guitar strap to the bottom strap button and wasn't thinking about the ceiling fan right above me and THUD..THUD...THUD. I freaked out a little but it wasn't too bad. Just knocked a little finish off the top of the headstock.

I felt like a total klutz afterwards.

[biggrin] [biggrin]#-o[biggrin]

It happens. I ding all my guitars sooner than later, literally...like really soon. My R8 has 3 dings, 1 I think was already there when I bought it and 2 I put there.

My (reluctant) philosophy is that as long as nothing breaks, bends and I don't get dings on the back of the neck I am good.

Eh' date=' you'll get over it.

On my SG, I have a chip of wood missing from my headstock, and a corner of one of the cutaways where the finish is completely worn away. Also the neck is beginning to show bare wood in spots...[/quote']

No fair you got a head start! You only had like 1/10th of a finish to start with lol.

My SG is pretty beat up but cleans up nice. I just polished it and I was surprised by how good it looks when it's not caked in sweat.

My LP had a chunk taken out of it one night...you can't tell from far away, but thats cuz i did some cosmetic fixes on my own...it was on the black part of the silverburst so you just saw wood. I don't mind as much now...but man was i upset when it first happened.

Archived