Gibson Brands Forums

I just got a "SNARK" guitar tuner....

onewilyfool

I've used the headstock clip-on tuners but never reallt bonded with them, so to speak. Being lefthanded, the ones I have seen and used are setup for righties: the display is upside down when used on a southpaw guitar. I still have and use my trusty old Sabine AX3000. It's the best tuner I've ever used, particularly for acoustic guitars. Plop it on the top, tune 'er up quickly, pop it off. Some leave it in place on the upper bout, as in the photo. Sadly it's out of production, so I'll just keep changing the battery ever 3 or 4 years and hope not to drop it.......no digital tuner reacts well to being dropped.

ax3000.jpg

I've got two tuners, and neither have a problem with the lower wound strings. A Korg AW2G and a Peterson StroboClip.

I haven't yet decided which one I like the most. The Stroboclip may do a slightly better job in detecting the bassier strings, but the Korg requires less re-tuning after use. Probably because I don't care much for the sweetened tuning settings that come with the Peterson, as my ear is better for sweetening up my guitars than any device, regardless of the claimed accuracy.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Snark .. it looks like something you'd use to tune a Cargo underwater. [biggrin]

I'll bet you'll never have to worry about losing it, though. [cool]

Flinx

Wow. Is that made by Fisher-Price or Playskool?[biggrin] Seriously, though, if it works well, then that's a great feature.

However, for those having issues with Intelli or Intellitouch tuners, try pressing slightly on both sides of the clamp; that usually will get your low E to dial in. The clip-ons are a compromise between getting them to pick up the vibrations & not

causing damage to the headstock.

Wow. Is that made by Fisher-Price or Playskool?[biggrin] Seriously, though, if it works well, then that's a great feature.

However, for those having issues with Intelli or Intellitouch tuners, try pressing slightly on both sides of the clamp; that usually will get your low E to dial in. The clip-ons are a compromise between getting them to pick up the vibrations & not

causing damage to the headstock.

LOL....you guys can make as many jokes as you want about this one, but it is a keeper!!! One good thing that I forgot to add, is that when it is in tune, the dial changes color. What this means for me, is that I can actually "see" the tuner without my glasses........lol......BIG improvement. My other tuner, which is a good tuner, just is invisible to my blurry vision without glasses.

Archived