Gibson Brands Forums

Happy New Guitar Day To ME

SG1973

Picked up a sweet Les Paul Standard Plus today. It's an 07, and it's not a 2nd. Your not gonna believe that I got it for $295, but it's true. Saw an add on craigslist, so I emailed several times over the weekend with no reply. I'd all but given up and today I got the reply. I go to work, the guy calls me, i call my wife, she meets him at a local walmart, and BAM, shes mine! The guy said he has several guitars,(I know he had at least three because he had two other pauls on craigslist too) and his wife had been nagging him to sell some of them. Now that is very believable, but I could not beleive the price. Anyway, it's a real paul, i already ran the serial. It's an EE070104480. It's a honeyburst flametop finish. The only flaw I can find is that the finish is a little heavy between the neck and the pup switch with one little run, but it's not real noticeable. For the price, I'm not gonna camplain. I posting a pic,but it might be a bit large, sorry. SANY0095.jpg

Lovely. I tell ya, I am slowly becoming a big fan of honeyburst finishes. We got in a honeyburst plaintop a while back but it was much too dark and kinda turned me off the whole honeyburst idea but since then I've seen some gorgeous honeybursts on this forum and I have to say they are very appealing.

Non sequitur: I have to be careful that I don't typo that into 'hineyburst'... ewwww.

Archived