Gibson Brands Forums

???????~?????~

Epiphany

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that's an old catalog that's somehow still on the web, and not the line-up currently available. I don't think any of those acoustics has been in production for some time, and the Elite has not been used since the line-up's launch. Plus, some of that artwork, like the horse motif, was used years ago in Epiphone catalogs.

I believe that's an old catalog that's somehow still on the web' date=' and not the line-up currently available. I don't think any of those acoustics has been in production for some time, and the Elite has not been used since the line-up's launch. Plus, some of that artwork, like the horse motif, was used years ago in Epiphone catalogs. [/quote']

OK...that makes sense.

Sorry, temporary insanity, brought on by too much excitement, I guess?!

LOL

CB

"I believe that's an old catalog that's somehow still on the web, and not the line-up currently available."

doesn't really makes sense because:

1. gaaki (or whatever it is) is a functioning company that sells guitars now...why keep links active for ordering?

2. gibson headstocks were never part of the old elite line, or the elitist line, for that matter

3. epiphone USA has never referred to any elite / elitist as having 50s / 60s necks in the model name, as far as I can tell

but who knows?

"I believe that's an old catalog that's somehow still on the web' date=' and not the line-up currently available."

doesn't really makes sense because:

1. gaaki (or whatever it is) is a functioning company that sells guitars now...why keep links active for ordering?

2. gibson headstocks were never part of the old elite line, or the elitist line, for that matter

3. epiphone USA has never referred to any elite / elitist as having 50s / 60s necks in the model name, as far as I can tell

but who knows?[/quote']

I'm going to have to find my old catalogs where the Elite line was introduced then later changed to Elitist. I don't remember the Gibson headstocks. I could be wrong I'll have to look.

I'm going to have to find my old catalogs where the Elite line was introduced then later changed to Elitist. I don't remember the Gibson headstocks. I could be wrong I'll have to look.

Gibson style headstocks were/are used on Epiphone's Orville, Orville by Gibson, Epiphone LQ, and Elite/Elitist guitars in Japan. You wouldn't have seen that style headstock on a USA bound Elite.

It would be nice if all the Elites pictured were still available. No one would be happier than me. If they were, though, you'd think some of the enterprising folks who run the Japanese guitar import sites (like guitargai) or sell on eBay would make a few of them available. Besides, if that line up on that website was current, why wouldn't the Nick Valensi Riviera be on it? THAT was the last new Elitist introduced. No, the line up featured on the site is the one from 2003 or so. In fact, the 2004 Epiphone catalog contains those exact models (and the same Hatch Show Print artwork shown in some of the pictures of the acoustics).

But who knows? Epi does make a lot of cool things available to the Japanese market. We got to get us some Japanese forum mebers who can tell us for sure!

Speaking of Elite headstocks, if you look at the Epiphone catalog in which they were introduced, you'll see the Elite acoustics pictured had the same headstock shape now used on the Masterbilt guitars, but I don't think many if any production models actually were issued with them.

Red 333

Yeah the Eliteist Nick Valensi guitar is no longer made, just the Std. And i went to that Jap site and they hade a Tak Mosistuersjrksdfskjf how ever you say it elietist guitar with the Gibson head stock. Unless they been makeing those for a long time? Dont really know.....

"Japanese" site...please LaRouteDu. The War was over 53 years ago.

And, this goes all over the world, so I would respectfully ask you not to

use disparaging connotations, about people of other nations.

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, really...but it can be offensive

to people.

Cool?

CB

You can download the .pdf of the original Elitist catalog from the Epi site.

per google

(all elite)

lp standard plain top, gold top and custom = 124,000 yen = $1,150.72

lp standard flame top = 142,000 yen = $1317.76

sheraton = 178,000 yen = $1,651.84

riviera = 152,000 (6st) or 160,000 (12 st) = $1,410.56 or $1,484.80

byrdland/broadway = 242,000 yen = $2,245.76

the extant ones are all cheaper on musicians friend, and that is before crazy international shipping prices. if you were to find one in a store, it would probably be even cheaper still. this is unfair- i still want the defunct ones, but for that kinda cash, i might rather take my chances on the used market, should one actually ever turn up. but if you gotta have it, that's what you're looking at. assuming you read japanese and can actually get through the ordering process. maybe gakki has a more "usa friendly" ebay presence? other japanese vendors do.

Archived