Gibson Brands Forums

???????~?????~

Epiphany

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming that the Elite is the Elitist stuff we can get here same factory and such? If so WTF, this is what the Elitist line should be here with the right headstocks etc.

Hey Epiphone dudes I love your guitars but you can stop designing the Elitist line here just have the Japanese design it over there and import these guitars instead. Change the truss covers to say Elitist. Now this stuff looks like a Gibson with Epiphone on the headstock.

This is what the Elitist line should look like!

intriging, given the options that are no longer available here, but the prices are about the same as they are in the us, and you have to figure the shipping will be over $100. but i'd love to have a wine red custom or the vintage sunburst plaintop :- even the studio models are looking good...

COOL! I have a cousin that lives in Tokyo' date=' and now I can send her "photos" of

something I'd be interested in, and she can get prices, and either ship it, or

bring it with her, the next time she's visiting! Very Cool! Thanks...

CB[/quote']

Man, I wish i had known before now. My brother in law and his family just came back last week after living there for four years!!!!! I'd be playing one now !

Yeah, my cousin and her husband (who works in some large international banking buisness)

have been sent there, for 3 years (at least), so...that might be an interesting possibility,

both for a visit, and if she or he, could find out about purchasing/shipping or bringing one back!

Then, I'll have to decide...WHICH ONE(s)! LOL!!! Always these little "complications,"

you know?! ;>)

CB

"I can get one here!

Why would I want to order from Japan?????"

actually, many of those elitist models have been discontinued in the usa...can't get SGs or Riviera 12s and so forth...or

a byrdland with gibson headstock...

interesting to note the gibson models have gibson headstocks while the epiphones have epiphones...

Exactly my point. I have the Elitist Valensi so I'm happy as it should have the Epiphone HS. This is what the Elitist line should be. Now if the Elitist Dot had looked like this I would have tried one and if good bought that instead of my satin 335 plus something else too for the same money.

I'm actually thinking of buying a MIJ "Laquer Series" LP Junior. All the typical Elitist specs, with open-book G headstock and a nitro finish.

Here's one.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Japan-by-Gibson-Les-Paul-junior-Lacquer-New_W0QQitemZ170232181803QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

price includes shipping, brand new. A good alternative to the G LP junior that was just discontinued, and a ton cheaper than a Custom Shop.

I’m very curious to know the serial #s of these.

Reason – many features pictured on these models (e.g. the Epi logo shape, Gibson style headstock, Gibson TRC) are exactly like my 2003 Elite LP. The description even lists HB as an available color (discontinued on the Elitists). It looks like the Epiphone Japan lineup may be a continuation of the same Elite line that was sold in Canada/US at one time. If so, assuming the photos are current, are these Elites serial numbered 04 - 08 (or are they NOS 00 - 03 that did not sell out)?

The Elites were consistently the best-of-the-best (build quality & playability of mine is flawless -- outshines every Gibson I've touched), so for anyone in the market these would really be worth looking into -- whatever the date of manufacture.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

It's my understanding that Epiphones made in Japan for the Japanese market can have the Gibson headstock shape...not sure of the reasoning behind that. I trust that Iconoclast and Rotcanx have the 411.

I never understood that either. Despite all the lawsuits, how can Burny, Edwards and others get away with the Gibson headstocks? A special deal with Gibson?

heard that it was because copyrights were different or didn't apply in japan, which is why edwards (esp in the us) can't pull that off in america. burny/tokai don't exist in america, either. i figure epi doesn't use the gibson headstock here as to not cannibalize gibson sales.

i'm pretty curious, but the ordering process is impossible to navigate unless you read japanese, and it would end up being pricier than the ones you can get here. but you do get a correct headstock and discontinued finishes. tought choice.

Archived