Gibson Brands Forums

Flamekat on the 'bay

iansmitchell

Not mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-FlameKat-Guitar_W0QQitemZ200242576132QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200242576132&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

I just found out about the flamekats a few days ago.

Damn those are cool. Minihums, DICE inlays, dice knobs? FLAME PAINTED?

It's so cool...

Anyway, if I had the dough I'd buy it, don't, so I'm showing it to you guys.

The FlameKat was the first of the Kat series, followed by the AlleyKat and the WildKat. I guess the FlameKat was a little too 'nichy' for the mainstream... but I bet Brian Setzer creamed his jeans when he saw it the first time.

It's a rock-a-billy thing. Then you get the car to match.

I've said it before - for every seat' date=' there is an ***. If it's for sale, someone will buy it.

I can see it on stage to bring out for a song or two, but not much else.[/quote']

I agree - you'd have to be an *** to buy that!

Different strokes for different folks' date=' dude.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm only joking, but I do find that guitar pretty repellent. I think it's those dice knobs that tips it over the edge from eyesore to nightmare! But as Sheryl Crowe once sang "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad"!

If I had a FlameKat I'd probably replace all the dice with standard knobs and switch tip; even if only to make sure that the dice never got broken or lost. It's true that the dice are a little 'over the top' for most of us but you can be sure I'd hang on to them just in case I ever wanted to sell it.

Yeah' date=' and Rock n' Roll has always been all about class. [/quote']

Nope rock and roll isn't all about class - I just said that guitar didn't have any class. But that looks more like a Guitar Hero controller than a guitar.

I'd not just practice at home with it(depending on how it feels, of course) but bring that onstage and it'd look great.

And really, I get tired of everything standard sometimes, y'know?

The dice knobs are a bit over the top, but I liek the inlays. I'd have to attach a pair of fuzzy dice to the end of my capo to match.

'tis a cool guitar if you ask me. Maybe it's better for some genres that are a little mocking (like ska).

I'd not just practice at home with it(depending on how it feels' date=' of course) but bring that onstage and it'd look great.

And really, I get tired of everything standard sometimes, y'know?

The dice knobs are a bit over the top, but I liek the inlays. I'd have to attach a pair of fuzzy dice to the end of my capo to match.

'tis a cool guitar if you ask me. Maybe it's better for some genres that are a little mocking (like ska).[/quote']

with a zebra or leopard skin strap...no wait a snake skin or gator strap maybe..lol

Capt

Archived