Gibson Brands Forums

Oh No, Here I Go Again

Just Strum

I never looked at this guitar before and while looking for some info on a Gibson guitar, I stumbled on this. Unlike the Gibson, this one is more attainable (at least saving won't take as long).

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ETBBEBGH/

Oh, just in case you are wondering what Gibson I was looking at (emphasis on "looking")

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Memphis-ES355-Electric-Guitar-with-Bigsby?sku=518920

Just Strum(ming) my Lucille (Epiphone) now, i put a Gotoh bridge and (stop)tailpiece on it yesterday.

Great guitar, nice neck and very good sounding 57 classic pickups.

Mine is from the Saein plant in Korea and was build in july 2006. Highly recommended !

Peter

"Lucille" in either Gibson or Epiphone are wonderful guitars!

Blues, Jazz, even Classic Rock. Probably, NOT "Metal," but...who knows? LOL!

As mentioned, in a previous post...I have played the Epiphone version, and it's

a great guitar. I own a Gibson "Lucille," and absolutely love it!! That guitar,

through a Fender Deluxe Reverb, or if more "juice" is needed, a Twin Reverb...

is pretty hard to beat! I can't imagine you'd be sorry, purchasing the Epi Lucille.

CB

Money is going to other things at the moment, but this guitar has shot up to the top of the "Buy" list. I thought of selling my Fender American Deluxe Strat, but that would definitely end up in one of those "the guitar I regret selling" threads, so I will just have to wait.

A good friend of mine, a jazzer 20 years my senior, who has played just about everything out there raves about the Epi Lucille. He's a good guitar tech too, (and good music instructor, wish we weren't so many states away) and has kept it stock out of preference.

That Gibson is about as far out of my league as Angelina Jolie...they both make me feel funny...like climbing the ropes in gym class!

Has anyone every thought that if they didn't own 10 or so medium to low price guitars' date=' they could own one really great guitar?[/quote']

Yesterday and today I was having that thought regarding amps...but I like my off the wall cheezy amps. I could probably sell three old heads I never use and put the money towards a little combo like a DR or something.

Has anyone every thought that if they didn't own 10 or so medium to low price guitars' date=' they could own one really great guitar?[/quote']

Sometimes. But I know it's not fun nor challenging to tinker around with an expensive guitar. The cheaper the guitar, the more satisfactory the end-results usually are. Relatively speaking of course.

Sometimes. But I know it's not fun nor challenging to tinker around with an expensive guitar. The cheaper the guitar' date=' the more satisfactory the end-results usually are. Relatively speaking of course.[/quote']

Thats how I buy my Gibsons, I buy a few Squiers or Epis every year, then every two or three years I sell em and buy a nice Gibson.

Thats how I buy my Gibsons' date=' I buy a few Squiers or Epis every year, then every two or three years I sell em and buy a nice Gibson.[/quote']

I'm starting to think along the same lines. I'm trolling e-bay and CL looking for great deals and seeing if I can flip them and build up that Pay Pal account.

Archived