Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Dot for me!

Charles Obscure

My Epiphone Dot was delivered yesterday. Man! What a beauty! I ordered it from Sweetwater Friday afternoon and it arrived Tuesday afternoon. Tuned it up & made sure everything worked, then I cleaned/lemon oiled the fretboard and put some fresh strings on it and tightened up the hardware. I put on some black knobs with gold inserts that I had laying around. Setup is good, intonation was tweaked after the fresh strings. Sounds wonderful and plays nicely! It reminds me a lot of the ES-335 I used to have, which is why I bought it. I think I have a new favorite guitar! [-X/

Here are some new pics I took, looks much better than the Sweetwater shots!

Dot_Front2.jpgDot_Back2.jpg

Dot_Body_Front.jpg

Dot_Body_Back.jpg

HNGD - Congrats on the new Dot. Sweetwater is a great company to work with! I really think the Dot is one of the best values Epiphone has going. A lot of their guitars have gone up in price, but the Dot stays at $399. I'll have to see the pics tonight when I get home, I'm at work they put a block on a lot of graphics, so I just see blue boxes with question marks. My Dot is definitely one of my favorites right now.

It's definitely satisfied my GAS for a semi-hollow with humbuckers. Maybe I can't hear so good anymore, but I read about you guys modding the crap out of these to improve the sound, but it sounds pretty damn good to me right out of the box. Is it possible I'll feel differently after the honeymoon is over?:-k

The only things I would consider changing at the moment are purely cosmetic, such as replacing the tuner buttons with keystone shaped ones and putting a gibby shaped pickguard on it. Any suggestions for parts?

I guess I'm just happy to have my "335" back! :)

Strum, yes they did but I can't enjoy them because I'm diabetic (type 2). I put it into the community candy dish at work. It's too bad, because I like SweeTarts and Atomic Fireballs!=P~

I can't wait to get home and play some more!

Yeah, and have you checked out the nearest "Gibson" model (The "Satin" finished 335) price, lately....$2300!!!! (@ MF)

It's gone from $1499, to $2300 in less than 18 months! Have any of your salaries gone up, the same percentage?!

So, Elitist and regular "Dot's" are (indeed) great values! I wanted an ES-345...but that has gone up a "Grand" since

I started really looking, about 14 months ago. I guess it will be one of those guitars you want, but can't ever afford,

or "justify." really...Who knows? Pretty depressing, though! :>b

CB

I just got my cherry Dot last week. It's a beautiful guitar and sounds great so far. But... 3 out of 4 of the knobs sit about a 1/4 inch from the body. This kind of looks crappy on an otherwise great looking guitar. Are your knobs like this? This is really the only QC issue I can find with mine.

Does anyone know if I can adjust the height of the knobs or would I need new pots/knobs to fix this? Thanks

- Shaun

Great looking guitar' date=' Charles. I'm a big fan of the Dot, they're great guitars and are easily modified to your preferences. Thanks for the pics!

[/quote']

Easy? People are always telling me a they are a pain in the @$$ to mod. What's your secret?

I know - OT

Archived