Gibson Brands Forums

am i crazy?

eor

sometimes i seriously consider trading/selling my gibson 333 toward an elitist sheraton (and some cash, in the case of a trade).

and then modding and mutilating it until it becomes the world's only eor custom.

love,

eor

i guess i'd love to have both, but it doesn't work that way. guess i'm just an epi-phone at heart.

PLEASE...DO NOT "Mod" an "Elitist" Sheraton, or anything other "Elitist!"

There are some really nice "Dots" owned by forum members, that have

some awesome "mods" (looks wise...I obviously can't hear them), but

Elitist guitars don't need "modding,"...IMHO. And, with the price of a good

"Dot," you can keep your ES-333, uless you just hate it, or some such?

CB

a few things i need to clarify, i guess:

- the sheraton in my sig (+ a schecter c1 a/e) became the gibson 333. now i do love that 333; it is my #1. but it isn't the elitist sheraton that i had always dreamed of mutiliating. the 333 is uncommonly good for a gibson, and i'd love to do a side by side, but it isn't really an apples/apples thing.

- there is a difference between the elitists and the regular epis. i can hear it. i can feel it. i can see it. i tasted it once. smell the same, though. but there is a difference.

- the value really means nothing to me. i'm so particular about my guitars they all have to be modded to a certain extent before i can really play them. i've done a few things to my elitist lp, but nothing that i would think would devalue it. this one, on the hand... well... i don't see myself selling it after i go through all the trouble. assuming the guitar is a worthwhile platform to begin with, and with an elitist, i'm pretty confident about it.

- the mods i have planned are mostly functional/electronic, but one day, i'd like to do some crazy asthetic stuff, too. re-fin, different inlays, different binding...

- and why not an elitist? crazy would be doing this to a gibson/heritage/collings/etc. and i do believe the elitists to be in the ballpark of those guitars, if not their equals/superiors (in some cases). and i prefer the looks of the epis to the others.

- and lastly, while i can find people to perform the mods for me, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't anyone out there how will build me a custom guitar to my specs. you can find all kinds of handmade fender copies out there, maybe a les paul, but i've yet to come across a luthier who builds custom 335 type guitars. and if i did find one, i can promise you that it would cost several times more than the elitist.

so there. :-k

and i'd certainly love to keep both, but one would have to go to fund the other. and i don't want my guitars to be redunant. i don't want any more than i need.

Well, it will be YOUR guitar...so, Do what you want!!! But, it's a shame (to me) to "mod" an Elitist Sheraton!

They're so beautiful, and damn near perfect, as is!

Get a regular Sheraton, and mod it, if you must. Great guitar, on it's own, and much less expensive, than an

Elitist! But, again...it will be your guitar, and "sanity" has never been much of a common trait among guitar

players, anyway. LOL! (Myself, included!) But, there are just some things, even I won't do! ;>)

CB

Archived