Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Problems

wrighty3693

I once had to repair a broken neck on an Electra SG..........I did this with 2 ton epoxy

glue, and brass "pins" available from your local gunsmith(they're normally used for stock

repairs.

The repair held firm for the 6 months or so that I kept the guitar b-4 I sold it.

If you don't want to attempt it yourself, perhaps a decent gunsmith would like a challenge.

Thats my 2 cents worth anyhow..............

IbbysB4Epis............I love your quote!

that really sucks. never pick up a guitar by the strap period.

even with dunlops, etc. human error is possible.. you can think you have them in.. but..

Sorry aobut your guitar. I've fixed cracked necks, and broken headstocks.. a break the lower it is down just gets harder and harder.

Take to someone good.. and send your friend the bill.

TWANG

Lost internet due to a lack of employment (seems endemic in the Northeast), but I'll be checking in from time to time via the public library. Plus that, my daughter blew up our computer, so it was a double whammy. Good to be back. Like I said, I'll be popping in from time to time, just not as frequently as before.

i took it to a good luthier near where i live and it looks like brand new im not sending

my friend the bill thats just harsh but he did cry about what he did then said he would pay but knowing

it upset him so much made me not want to be harsh

That's why he did it. A GOOD friend who broke your gear would have gone WITH you to the luthier and paid in advance for the repair, or replaced the guitar the same day. And if his children had to go without shoes to get it done, well, maybe he'll be more careful next time.

the image on my avatar isnt my les paul mines an alpine whit custom made in

2007 and yes it is a chinese model no mods all origonal in every respect i

wouldnt make anyone pay for my guitars there my responsibility and i wouldnt

have been able to play it even if he had paid if its mine i repair it!

so do anyone knows what's the model and finish is in this avatar???? i mean wrighty2012 avantar just above

Honeyburst, LP Standard, or Classic (Gibson or Epiphone?) "Plus" (figured top)...but probably the "Standard," as it

doesn't appear to have the "yellowed/aged" fret markers, that the "Classic" does.

CB

Archived