Gibson Brands Forums

Best guitar stand...

28v6r

Okay... I'm on the lookout for a new guitar stand, do you:

1/ Buy another single c/w locking device so that the whole lot falls over as one (Or better - pulled over by tripping on the lead?)

2/ Buy a multiple stand a/ to encourage you to buy more and fill the damn thing with some serious piece of kit only to have your best mate trip on the lead and pull them all over, that way they'll all have matching "broken Headstocks"..O:)

3/ What colour does one buy to match??? and do you install pipe insulation colour coded to the original stand or to the first stand you ever owned for extra padding.... :-k

I have a 3-way stand, circular kind of thing where the guitars stand around it. No more space than a single stand required, really. Has locking heads at the top and when loaded is so heavy it would take a full body block to knock it over. I also have a long, straight 7-guitar stand. It fits in the closet in my "everything" room and so provides out of the way space.

Complaint dept:

the 3-way doesn't rotate so you can't put it in the corner, or else you have to pick up stand and 3 guitars (and keep it balanced) with one hand and turn it with the other to get to the guitar you want.

the 7-way guitar slots are so close together that you can only use every other slot unless you don't mind banging the hell out of your guitar as you remove it from the stand.

Im thinking..... ut row' date=' I guess you could make your own out of PVC piping[/quote']

Thats exactly what it is........with dowel rod reinforcement throughout.(much too "flimsy" w/o the rods)

It's not the prettiest, but is VERY functional, and keeps my "A-grade" V-Factor off the floor.

The only other option to fit my V was around $60 shipped, so I made my own

for around $10.

It doesn't fold for travel/storage, but it works well in a home/studio setting.

I realize the base is rediculously large, but it won't tip over, even with a serious bump, & it's tilted back far enough

to keep the guitar in place, pretty much no matter what happens.

I have several wallhangers that I use occasionally, but only for 1 session at a time, because I live in an

extremely dusty environment and leaving them out of their cases overnight mandates cleaning b4 playing.

Archived