Gibson Brands Forums

Nelson - check out 'Buying recommendations for 335?'

Thermionik

Did we really have to make a new thread for you to call out someone in a different thread that gave you a problem? Nelson and others are abrasive, yes, but that's just how it is. Every time you post on this forum, you put your opinion out there for better or worse. Friends and enemies will be made, but I don't think that we need call-out threads. I do not mean to insult you, I just don't want the flame war to continue. I hope that everyone can make amends.

I have a hard time believeing your a** is that nice!

And besides, how do you know he's a good kisser?

Nope, gotta say this is risky all the way around. You could wind up having an argument

cheeks vs lips, which count more?

which could go on forever, causing immeasureable angst.

Therefore, I'm changing this thread to:

why aren't I out in the shop finishing those truss rod covers?

Come up with the funniest reason, decided by general concensus, and I'll send you a free

b/w/b epi lp bell style tr cover.

TWANG

I have a hard time believeing your a** is that nice!

And besides' date=' how do you know he's a good kisser?

Nope, gotta say this is risky all the way around. You could wind up having an argument

cheeks vs lips, which count more?

which could go on forever, causing immeasureable angst.

Therefore, I'm changing this thread to:

Come up with the funniest reason, decided by general concensus, and I'll send you a free

TWANG

[/quote']

Errrrmmm you make some very salient points about the ***/lips thing. What if it happens he enjoys it and I can't get him to stop? It could prove to be difficult going through life with a Brit attached to your butt.

and the answer to your question is...

Because it's so cold in Iowa/North Dakota/where ever that I had to chop up my Epiphone collection for firewood and I could still only come up with three c(h)ords ???

OK...put the truss rod cover on E Bay and donate the proceeds to the Church Of England in my name.

Nelson

SkEpTiKaL - abrasive is one thing. To be mis-quoted, to have words put into your mouth that you did not say and to be called a liar is something else.

Charlie Brown - my original post, which incurred Nelson's vitriol, was specifically about Epi's.

Just ask yourselves this:-

You post something based on stuff you did.

Somebody responds by saying it didn't happen - even though they have no idea one way ot the other.

And you are supposed to just take being mis-quoted and called a liar? I don't think so.

If Paul Mac posted about his Epi playing, Nelson would call him a liar too?

Therefore' date=' I'm changing this thread to:

TWANG

[/quote']

Twang, the 91 coronet i have has a gibson bell stye truss cover. bottom was cut to mimic old coronet cover. by any chance u got a 90's versoin truss cover for a coronet?

twang, this a pic i found on google. it is the exact one i have. everything stock on it except trc and pick-ups.

my mods upgrades will replace pickups, pots, tuners and bridge.

going with push/pull pot to tap humbucker abd aroolerbridge from stewmac made to work with bigsby.

was hoping to find orginal trc style. the gibson one is definately out of place.

what it looked like when manufactored in 91

epi98coronet-car.jpg

what i have

100_0042.jpg

100_0045.jpg

Therefore' date=' I'm changing this thread to:

TWANG

[/quote']

The reason you aren't finishing them is that your on here asking us for excuses not to be finishing your truss rod covers...

GC

I can do the notched one as that's the same as on my sheri. Already did two in fact, in tortoise, for other guys.

b/w/b like the pic?

I've got some bells cut out right now, so I can modify an unfinished one and it will look like stock.

still reading the reasons why I haven't finished those yet..

tWANG

Archived