Gibson Brands Forums

Tuners for new dot

dubwise

Just ordered a new dot from Sweetwater. I plan to upgrade the tuners right off the bat and I have a new set of locking Sperzels I would like to use. Trying to avoid the extra cost if these will work. If not, is there a tuner that fits this guitar without having to drill new anchor holes?

thanks in advance.

I've put sperzels on a strat.. had to redrill for that.. but not on an epi.

Grovers do fit right in, at least, everytime I've used them. (except on the lower priced stuff like g310 or lp100 which don't come with grovers)

I'm surprised tulsa slim had to drill his headstock.. my imperials went right in the sheraton..

and new grover locking on the epi lp also fit fine.

If you have 'em.. just pull a tuner off and see if the sperzels fit.

TWANG

Tulip Head Style Grover 18:1 Roto-matics. I wouldn't even think twice, put them on every Epi I have. Dramatic results and they fit like a glove.

PS: Never drill a headstock, if the hole must be made bigger, the correct tool is a hand reamer.

I'm surprised tulsa slim had to drill his headstock.. my imperials went right in the sheraton..

and new grover locking on the epi lp also fit fine.

Sheraton's come with larger holes, for the Grovers with screw in/down bushings....the Riviera P-93 has Kluson

clones, with just the push in bushings...hence the smaller holes, and need for redrilling.

CB

Yeah, I've drilled before on other headstocks.............the ends justify the means if the tuner works well.

BTW, I bought a brand new Amer. Strat 50th with locking Schallers out of the factory..........one of them exploded on me during the 2nd string change. Did not mishandle or overtighten. Just POS.

Thanks for the input.

FWIW' date=' my Dot Studio has Jinho tuners (Grover lookalikes) and they work flawlessly. I see no reason to change them.[/quote']

My new Dot came with factory Grovers and I am impressed by how well they work. I won't be changing them, that's for sure.

Archived