* Being jealous of others

* Believing that others are jealous of you

* Trouble keeping healthy relationships

* Setting unrealistic goals

* Being easily hurt and rejected

* Having a fragile self-esteem

* Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

[/quote']

Holy $hit! Those sound like me! All of them!!! This makes my avatar seem spurious!

Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:

* Believing that you're better than others

* Fantasizing about power' date=' success and attractiveness

* Exaggerating your achievements or talents

* Expecting constant praise and admiration

* Believing that you're special

* Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings

* Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans

* Taking advantage of others

* Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior

[/quote']

Great cut and paste from the DSM-IV...maybe you can address "delusional thinking" in your next post.

Nelson

[/quote'] Hmmmmm [-X .... sounds like Dr. House :-k

Greg:

I usually don't take much, if any, stock in Psychiatry/Psychology but you

present such an absolutely textbook case. "Delusional" would hardly be

an accurate description of someone who thinks Epiphone guitars are

better than Gibsons. It's a shame you cannot take an honest and

serious look at yourself but then again, that's also a hallmark of

personality disorders.

[-X Hmmmmm I believe Dr. House's name is Gregory .... :-k

Greg:

I usually don't take much' date=' if any, stock in Psychiatry/Psychology but you

personality disorders.[/quote]

Greg:

I usually don't take much' date=' if any, stock in Psychiatry/Psychology but you

personality disorders.[/quote']

OK...let's take your contentions point by point..

Being confident in having a wider base of knowledge than those who talk out of their asses is not thinking one is better than another.

* Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness

I have no fantasies about power or success and everyone is attractive on the Internet...so again, no basis for this to apply to me.

I've never claimed to have attained any great achievements and I don't think I've ever suggested that I'm more talented than anyone else. My only contention is that one has to have sh!t for brains to even attempt a comparison between an Epiphone and a Gibson when there is no reality-based criteria for comparison.

OH yeah, it's soooo obvious that I fish for praise and admiration here lol.. that's too funny.

Define "special"- if you mean do you I think I am in some way exceptional...well, yeah...I am...

I don't think that's true...if someone comes at me with sh!t they're going to get it back with interest...if someone is decent with me then I'm decent with them...the problem here is people think if they can discredit me it then somehow discredits my information which is usually asking these people to confront a reality they don't really want to confront...a lot of really insecure egos here out to prove something but if you want to think it's all about me whatever.

I know this is a silly notion but iif someone is sitting there with fact-based information you would expect that rational minds would agree or at least put up a rational argument but not always...thing is, these people who disagree with truth and facts are the ones having a problem coping with reality and therefore the psychological problem...not the guy (me) who's sitting there scratching his head wondering why these people are so resistant to being informed.

Please tell me one person I've ever taken advantage of...

My disdain is for stupidity and yes, I do feel superior to stupid people.

I feel very fortunate for what I have and it seems to be a lot more than most here have so I cannot think of anyone here...or anywhere that I'm jealous of...you see, I've already got the crap , I have no need to be jealous of anyone

Judging by the ridiculous attacks I've faced here I'd say that motivation on their parts is a distinct possibility.

I stayed married for almost thirty years and never had the cops called to the house once, I had an amicable divorce and have remained friends even after...my two best friends I've known for forty years and thirty five years respectively... I have two very successful children who I am very close to...pretty large family and friend circle....I'd say that's pretty healthy in the relationship department.

Yeah, you've got me here. My goal was to make the Epiphone forum the most informed on the Internet...unfortunately there are those here who would much rather believe bullsh!t that makes their sh!t better than it is so their acceptance of any knowledge is met with incredible resistance because accpting that knowledge blows away their delusions.

Oh yeah, I'm in tears and all broken up right now as we speak...I don't know if I'll ever be the same. Right.

My self-esteem isn't based upon this meaningless crap...My guitar ownership doesn't even enter into it which is why I'm so astounded at the number of people here whose lives are defined by these guitars...take a look at all the signatures where they list all their sh!t...right down to what kind of picks they use...as if anyone else gives a sh!t...my favorite is when they list " '56 Les Paul with P-90s" when what they have is is an Epiphone '56 Les Paul Reissue with P-90s" but if they phrase it the other way their sh!t has this instant credibility..nothing wrong with an Epiphone '56 Reissue...but obviously some owners have a difficult time with accurate assessments..or funnier...the photographs that carefully avoid the headstock...so you think I have a self-esteem issue?

If you mean do I give a sh!t what anyone here thinks about me or if any of this hurts my feelings then I have to say...yeah, I am tough-minded and unemotional about this because it simply doesn't register as important enough to worry about..

There's your response. Enjoy.

Nelson

Oh wow! I didn't know there were any other psychologists in the forum. Quite a brilliant diagnosis there Ron G. :-# Anyone here take it a step further by becoming a psychiatrist?

Seems to me that a lot of people here could use some help. Is it simply me, or does it not seem that a lot of threads are meant to simply stir the pot and draw attention to the original poster? :-k That just seems so common... like all people really want to do is increase their post count. Eh, what do I know? I'm just running my mouth about non-Epiphone related material in an EPIPHONE forum. Sorry guys. =/

:-k Hmmmmm I believe Dr. House's name is Gregory .... :-#

And he was seen to be "strumming" a Gibson Flying V on one episode..but not very

well and obviously he doesn't appear to have tuned it before hand.

That same guitar was seen handed to him in a box in pieces in another episode.

Not sure who destroyed it..could have been Cuddihy..his boss with hidden affections

for him.

but obviously some owners have a difficult time with accurate assessments..or funnier...the photographs that carefully avoid the headstock...

FWIW uncle Greg...I take pics omitting the headstock cause I don't give a heap what it says on the headstock...

You may well be right concerning the self-esteem factoring in but IMO a guitar-forum would hardly be the appropriate medium to point that out...

[/quote']

Nice cast!.....Ron. Sometimes fishing with different bait can bring out

a lot of those "Big ones" just lurking in those internet weeds. ;)

..or funnier...the photographs that carefully avoid the headstock...

:-s Uh-oh ..... my sig photo doesn't show my Epiphone headstock 8-[ ..... not carefully avoided, though, just the luck of the draw when it came to framing the guitar to show the whole body and show off Epi's luxurious flame maple veneer ;) Oh, the internet drama these days..... #-o

If this thread was meant to call-out/judge another members character' date=' or to make a psych evaluation of a member, then it's very uncalled for[-x ......... Regardless of the on-line persona of the person in question.

[/quote']

Duane, the sad thing is that as you read through the thread you see a number of us admittedly fall into some or all of the descriptions. Then again, maybe that's a good thing since it says "no one is perfect".

Duane' date=' the sad thing is that as you read through the thread you see a number of us admittedly fall into some or all of the descriptions[/quote']

And that came as quite a surprise, assuming those responses were serious. And didn't you ask yourselves why I was so familiar with this? OK, I don't have an official diagnosis but I'm familiar with some aspects of my psyche that apply. The differences I see between me and Greg is that I'm aware of my tendency to go "over the top" and be off-putting, so I slow down, take a few deep breaths, count to 10, etc., lest I "go off" and do something stupid and counter-productive. I don't always succeed. "Symptoms" are really a continuum, where most of us fall somewhere in the middle. It's the extremes that cause trouble. Self-awareness is the first order of business. As Dirty Harry said, "A man's gotta know his limitations".

And that came as quite a surprise' date=' assuming those responses were serious. And didn't you ask yourselves why I was so familiar with this? OK, I don't have an official diagnosis but I'm familiar with some aspects of my psyche that apply. The differences I see between me and Greg is that I'm aware of my tendency to go "over the top" and be off-putting, so I slow down, take a few deep breaths, count to 10, etc., lest I "go off" [/quote']

See, you hold an advantage, you are capable of counting to 10.

Archived