Gibson Brands Forums

Lets see your current guitar/amp rig.

V-Type

you'll have to match it at the hardware store.. ACE has a good bunch even fancy looking chrome heads on 'em sometimes.. check their first.

you can also swap the screw and it's nut to a slightly different size there with no problem.. so take a good look. talking fifty cents or so

TWANG

Sweet - thanks again...this seems like a great forum - very friendly. Nice looking guitar by the way... that bigsby looks way cool and nice burst finish.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Kong glad to help.

it is TOO about showing off, that's half the fun!

I like my humble studio and I'm proud of how it came out.

One of the most repeated threads seems to be show yer gear..

esp when it's new. we like to share the vibe. eh? eh?

I notice that's not a dano plastic OD in yer pic, Lost.. in fact it seems a lot BIGGER

than many!

*G

TWANG

Twang, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the model of this amplifier you have in the background of your bigsbied les paul? Is that some king of signature model for valve junior? Been looking around but can't find anything about it.

Who cares if you list em or show em? I can appreciate one as well as appreciate many when the subject is guitars.

Here a pic of my 70's pawn shop $200 score. 1966 Fender Jag.

I just sold her a few days ago for a insanely good cash offer.

But I will miss her very much.

hpim1036wk0.th.jpg

Twang' date=' if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the model of this amplifier you have in the background of your bigsbied les paul? Is that some king of signature model for valve junior? Been looking around but can't find anything about it.[/quote']

that's an early valve junior I bought stock at MF.

version 2.

I removed the pcb board and put in a new one.. all new parts.

new output transformer.

then added gain and tweed tone and efx loop and standby on the front.

then I added three way NFB and three way Conjunctive filter along with a panel mounted

fuse holder on the back.

so it's custom now completely.

I love it.

Play it every chance I get, but she's pretty loud!

thanks for asking.

changing graphics soon... I'm a Dexter Fan so I'm switching to red knobs, and red print on the controls, as well as

copying out the Dexter tv show logo.. *S*

fits.. this thing is killer.

TWANG

OK guys' date=' because I'm a total dope when it comes to sizing pics and the like, here is a link to some shots of my setup. Pardon the mess, I got squeezed into the corner to make room for the wife's elliptical bike!

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/smd24fan/Epi_Forum_Pics/[/quote']

Here you go EpiDude. Just paste the image properties link in the post img tags and.....

DSC01671.jpg?t=1231010369

All of my electric guitars consist of Epihones. From left to right:

Later S310 with humbucker at bridge position and squarer body contours

1977 Epiphone with dual humbuckers (converted to left hand...totally awesome guitar spilling with vintage coolness)

1998 S310 (no modifications)

My first guitar, a 1998 S310. It now rocks with Dimarzio pickups (Area 58 in neck and middle, area 61 in bridge).

I bought the 2nd S310 this summer, 10 years after I got my original S310. It turns out that this guitar was made right after my original guitar on the same assembly line!!! Somehow they wound up together ten years later!

The little solid state Epiphone amp was bought along with my original S310. It has been a faithful amp for ten years (I have never played live). It actually has pretty good distortion for its size. I bought the Fender NOS Blues Jr. this summer and it is great, although I have not had a chance to really crank it up yet.

349748673.jpg

Here's a shot of my fairly modest setup. My spare room has sort of become my music room, I have my guitars in there, as well as my old record player, lots of music related posters, and my faithful guitar playing chair.

I have an Epiphone SG G-310, and a Fender Frontman 25R (25W solid state) amplifier. So far the modifications I have made to the SG have been solely cosmetic, pickup covers, changing the pickguard and truss rod cover screws to black. I have bell style tone and volume control knobs (like those on the G-400) on order, some position markers for under the control knobs, and a few other little things to complete. When those arrive it'll be getting a bit of a birthday with some new Ernie Ball Slinky strings too.

GuitarSetup2.jpg

Yes, that's a computer desk. It used to belong to my sister, but then she moved house, got a bigger room, and a bigger desk, so all her surplus furniture has been dumped at my house! [-X It makes a fairly good amp stand though, and is useful to sit at for reading guitar related books, or when I dabble in songwriting.

I have lots of pictures of my SG, it's pretty much my pride and joy, and it's quite fun to practice still life photography on it!

Some I took outdoors by the firewood pile

01S.jpg

05S.jpg

04S.jpg

And some more I took on a black background, trying to get a studio kind of effect, but not having much success

Guitar-1.jpg

Guitar1-2.jpg

Guitar5-1.jpg

I also have an acoustic, which is nothing fancy, just a cheap thing that has no problems getting knocked about a bit. It's not all that interesting, but once again I was being kind of arty and took some photos of it by my old record player. I'm going to get some hot rod style pisntripes laid on it in a couple of weeks, when I pursue one of my other interests and go to a car show!

Acoustic1.jpg?t=1231217472

AcousticRecordPlayer1.jpg?t=1231217545

Anyway, sorry for such a long post!

Archived