Gibson Brands Forums

The problem with it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

wardog

ok, i need a break. I think we all do. I AM ON THE FORUM FOR INFO AND AT TIMES FOR FUN. BUT, THE DIRECT AND OUT RIGHT JABS OF A FEW AT EACH OTHER IS STARTING TO HURT THE FORUM MOJO!!!!!!.

I for one would love to go to bat for my beliefs, but, i have learned that once the campaign is over, it's over. Move on for the sake of your own piece of mind. it matters not after it is over to continue to muddy the other topics waiting for the member u want to challenge on issues not purtaining to the topic.--i would rather see those challenges go on in pm's between the individuals.[-X

I pop in to the forum every now and then to see what i can learn or in my limited experience can help:^o . But, of the past 3 months this has been nothing more that a bunch of cat fights between a few memebers in 50% of the topics.

This makes for a very unenlightening forum to take part in. So, I asked, that if u have to go after another member on sheer venagance, post your best in this topic and let's keep it out of the rest-- as best u can.

And, if the idea of a B**&^ topic does not interest u, fine. hopefully the moderators delete this post after some of you have re-leaved yourselves a bit!!!

Have fun and i will see yall in a few days.

Look, I kind of agree with you, it gets too personal at times... but yeah, go away for a few days and see if it gets better, I dunno. Forums are subjective. Not everybody is going to see your point of view. Especially if it's expressed badly, or from a very objective point of view (i.e. assuming that everybody is from the USA and is going to understand your abbreviations for example.... I get the feeling I tickled you with that post).

It might get better in a few days.

Then again, some more European or far Eastern members may join and take umbrage at the fact that you think the US is the only guitar playing nation on Earth?

As I say, I don't know, I'm not the be all and end all. But you are right. We shouldn't take things too personally! [-X

Mugatu, no issue on the other topic. I tend to look at this forum for opinions and info. And, as u demonstrate, it comes from all members on the forum. At, times, i see where i have forgot that this forum does encompass global members. Need to adjust for that.

As, for this topic, thanks. But, this topic is for all members not just for us americans, we have some global members who need to release too.

per your post!!!!

"Mugatu wrote:

Then again, some more European or far Eastern members may join and take umbrage at the fact that you think the US is the only guitar playing nation on Earth? "

Then again' date=' some more European or far Eastern members may join and take umbrage at the fact that you think the US is the only guitar playing nation on Earth?

As I say, I don't know, I'm not the be all and end all. But you are right. We shouldn't take things too personally! [-X [/quote']

So much for trying to spread the peace, sneaking in that little insult toward the United States. We have many members from the US, Canada, Europe, and even some from Asia. Do some research before you throw your generalizations around like that.

ok' date=' i need a break. I think we all do. I AM ON THE FORUM FOR INFO AND AT TIMES FOR FUN. BUT, THE DIRECT AND OUT RIGHT JABS OF A FEW AT EACH OTHER IS STARTING TO HURT THE FORUM MOJO!!!!!!.

I for one would love to go to bat for my beliefs, but, i have learned that once the campaign is over, it's over. Move on for the sake of your own piece of mind. it matters not after it is over to continue to muddy the other topics waiting for the member u want to challenge on issues not purtaining to the topic.--i would rather see those challenges go on in pm's between the individuals.[-X

I pop in to the forum every now and then to see what i can learn or in my limited experience can help:^o . But, of the past 3 months this has been nothing more that a bunch of cat fights between a few memebers in 50% of the topics.

This makes for a very unenlightening forum to take part in. So, I asked, that if u have to go after another member on sheer venagance, post your best in this topic and let's keep it out of the rest-- as best u can.

And, if the idea of a B**&^ topic does not interest u, fine. hopefully the moderators delete this post after some of you have re-leaved yourselves a bit!!!

Have fun and i will see yall in a few days.[/quote']

You're right. This forum continues in its direction away from being a useful source of information and help about guitars and guitar playing with, mainly, epiphones.

I suggested a few weeks ago that the only way the situation would improve is by people not engaging in the games these 2 or 3 users are successfully sucking people in to for their own amusement.

The unpleasantness of this minority is now rubbing off on to otherwise nice people and the atmosphere continues to drive existing and also potential new users away.

I drop in periodically, but nowhere near as often as I did on the old forum...and increasingly less as time goes by because I find too much bull$hit in life elsewhere and I don't need it here too. Especially since I come here to unwind from the other crap.

I dislike censorship in any form, but based on other forums I frequent, the solution is likely an active moderator and not the kind who just pulls the plug on non-Epiphone threads.

You'd think we were old enough to "police" ourselves, or at the very least to have the common decency to realize that we're still addressing other human beings even though the medium may be electronic.

It just isn't fun anymore...

I drop in periodically' date=' but nowhere near as often as I did on the old forum...and increasingly less as time goes by because I find too much bull$hit in life elsewhere and I don't need it here too. Especially since I come here to unwind from the other crap.

I dislike censorship in any form, but based on other forums I frequent, the solution is likely an [b']active[/b] moderator and not the kind who just pulls the plug on non-Epiphone threads.

You'd think we were old enough to "police" ourselves, or at the very least to have the common decency to realize that we're still addressing other human beings even though the medium may be electronic.

Pleased to say it's being handled very well at our other little hangout.

And we're having fun with it.

I'm signing off. This is a great forum when everyone is getting along, but the mods are gone and it isn't as friendly as it usually is. When there is an active mod, he/she will usually pull the plug for a cooling-off period before banning individuals. Since we seem to be mod-free, I'm going to pull the plug on myself for a week. I'll see how the atmosphere is after the beginning of 2009. There isn't really anything new happening on the Epiphone front anyway. That is when the $**t seems to start flying, during a lax period. See y'all in 2009!

I drop in periodically' date=' but nowhere near as often as I did on the old forum...and increasingly less as time goes by because I find too much bull$hit in life elsewhere and I don't need it here too. Especially since I come here to unwind from the other crap.

I dislike censorship in any form, but based on other forums I frequent, the solution is likely an [b']active[/b] moderator and not the kind who just pulls the plug on non-Epiphone threads.

If the minor problems here caused by folks that rub you wrong bother you that much all I can say is....

"If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small".

This is a forum, with some minor flare ups, if you can't handle this how do you handle life?

One has to wonder.:-

I'm signing off. This is a great forum when everyone is getting along' date=' but the mods are gone and it isn't as friendly as it usually is. When there is an active mod, he/she will usually pull the plug for a cooling-off period before banning individuals. Since we seem to be mod-free, I'm going to pull the plug on myself for a week. I'll see how the atmosphere is after the beginning of 2009. There isn't really anything new happening on the Epiphone front anyway. That is when the $**t seems to start flying, during a lax period. See y'all in 2009![/quote']

And when the mods were here it was totally out of control, the forum was worthless, you couldn't even mention another brand or a non Epi post which is totally retarded. If that's your idea of a forum, well......

I'm one of the members here that gave up some months ago in disgust at the heavy handedness of the moderators who were ridiculous in the way they chose to ban members, some of whom were extremely valuable to this site and had offered untold help to new or inexperienced players.

I do lurk here just to see what is going on but nothing I see here encourages me to come back to an active participation, in fact just the opposite.

In some ways I feel sorry for Epi as they are damned if they do and damned if they don't but one thing is obvious that no moderation will eventually lead to anarchy as it seems to be doing here.

One thing is obvious is that where you have a medium where people are anonymous like this forum, some will take advantage and misbehave.

Nope I'm not coming back here as I have totally lost respect for Epiphone products and management but I am enjoying the closeness of the EpiWiki forum and the fact that it is moderated fairly and effectively.

Digger

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to the flame wars that have been going on around here. Why? Do we need another opinion offered? As a newbie guitar modder I learned a lot here earlier this year. Several members jumped up to give me advice, good advice, as it turned out, without being sarcastic, telling me to use the search engine, etc. It gave me some faith in internet forums, that hey, people on these things are cool and giving good advice b/c they love guitars.

Also had some great dealings with Twang- he totally took care of me when I wanted to upgrade my Sheraton. Took several back and forth emails, but we got it done for a good price. So again, I got a good impression of this forum.

Now after a few months, there's nothing but people flaming each other. (Or at least that's my impression. I still see some useful posts, responses, etc.) What's up with that? What's the point? Why bother? All this crap with the anti-Twang posts are especially negative and unecessary.

You should be here to share information that would be of use to other Epiphone players. What pups would be good upgrades; history of your model; some advice on set up; where to get replacement tuners; sharing great photos; sharing some wit and humor; bragging on your great Ebay or CL deal on an Epi; some music theory info; playing/practice advice. Hell, anything but this negativity. OK, had my say. Don't know if I shoulda mentioned anything, or I'm exagerating what I'm seeing around here, or if I'm just a geek for giving a damn about the forum. Just had some positive experience here earlier this year and things seemed to have changed a bit.

I'm pretty new at participating in forum discussions, but I have been reading forums, user reviews, etc. for several years. Looking at the kind of stuff that goes on here, I kinda think that a lot of it is just bluster - some guy will come across as being really negative or angry, but truth be told, he's probably laughing his *** off. :D/ I like to stir the pot too, but this is starting to get kinda old.

I also contribute to the Vox forum and I think that it's a class act. The mod and even the admin contribute to virtually every thread and I'm sure most people can ask questions and share stuff without fearing that they are going to get flamed or end up in some fracus. If you want to see a REAL class act, check out Gibson Lifestyle.

I enjoy my Epi's and enjoy this forum but I am starting to feel a little uncomfortable here...O:)

Peace

If the minor problems here caused by folks that rub you wrong bother you that much all I can say is....

"If thou faint in the day of adversity' date=' thy strength is small".

This is a forum, with some minor flare ups, if you can't handle this how do you handle life?

One has to wonder.O:) [/quote']

No, it isn't that I can't handle it. The point is that I shouldn't have to.

Archived