Gibson Brands Forums

Help me identify this Epiphone...

BusterBuck

I picked this up for my son at a second hand store. I sounds incredible. Only problem is I am not sure what I have here. I know from the serial number that it was made in Korea in 2002. Color is trans blue. Why does it say "Gibson" on it as well as Epiphone. What makes it a limited edition? (says Limited Edition on back of head). Is this a quilt top?

http://photobucket.com/transblue

100_1952-1.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1954.jpg

100_1952a.jpg

100_1951.jpg

From what i see it 's the limited edition Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Transparent Blue (Quilt Top)...Well Epiphone before had those Truss rod covers in them saying Gibson, earlier, most of the korean made Epiphone said those on their Truss Rod Covers cause ofcourse it's a Gibson Product.and those kinds of tuners were used before...It's a limited edition cause there weren't many made as such..(the Trans Blue Quilt Top) , you've got a great looking axe there...congrats.. :D/

Busterbuck. If you want to post pics, here's how.

1. I see you already have pics on Photobucket.

2. Go to the links below the pic, left click to hilite and the right click, and go "Copy", on the IMG code.

3. Back at this site, at the top of the post click on the icon that looks like a mountain with the sun over it.

4. In the body of the post where your cursor is, you will get a

5. Click in between the 's, and paste.

Thanks for all of the responces. i think I have an Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top in Trans Blue. If anyone disagrees, please educate me. Also if any one has any suggestions on upgrades that my son should think about, pass them along. (like better pick ups, replace tuners, etc)

Archived