Gibson Brands Forums

IT'S ALIVE!!! Completed upgrades on LP

o8jedi

I'm pleased to announce that I have completed the mods I want for my Epi Les Paul. It now looks, sounds, and plays exactly how I want it.

I've swapped out the pickups for a pair of Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and had them wired Jimmy Page style. Also changed the pickguard and tuners. Anywho, here she is.

lpfull.jpg

lpbody.jpg

headstockfront.jpg

While I'm at it, here's the rest of my musical stuff.

allinstruments.jpg

I'm generally not a big fan of solid colors on a Paul, or pickguards... but I have to admit, the black-on-black is sexy! I think I would go one further, and get black pickup rings and toggle switch donut... I think I would go with chrome knobs of some type too. The amber seems to stick out IMO... If nothing else, take the pickup selector donut off entirely, and just have the switch by itself. Then get some black pickup rings, and some chrome knobs, or even black speed knobs. Then again, I'm one that can hardly ever just leave a guitar alone... if I keep a guitar more than 6 months I've usually swapped out knobs, pickup rings, and the like at least two or three times, sometimes more. It looks great the way it is! Nice guitar! =D>

Wow, the black on black really does look nice. And the chrome tulip tuners are just amazing. Epiphone should definately make them standard, they just look better.

GZ, I think if he swaps the pickup rings and pickup switch washer to black, it would end up looking to much like the 'Gothic' Les Pauls. Personally, I think it looks great how it is!

Congratulations, you have an amazing looking guitar there. I hope it sounds as good as it looks!

Archived