Gibson Brands Forums

allow myself to introduce... myself

face

whats up everyone. i've been looking on this site for a couple of weeks now and decided its time to say thanks. using the search function i was able to find all the info i needed to upgrade my guitar as well as ideas for future projects. been playing for a long time, had countless epi's over the years but just recently decided to get into the wiring of them.

as for the guitars i have my baby, who will be with me forever, my wildkat. bone stock like the day i bought it. and then i have my newest acquisition, a g310. i was looking at 600 to 700 guitars but then decided it would be more fun to but a cheaper one with a good neck and then upgrade everything else. so far its only got a new switch, new PIO caps, stock pots just switched them so the linear was on the tone not volume. sounds friggin fantastic. and then a roller bridge and a few cosmetic things. all said with the shipping on the parts every thing was like 300 big ones. nice.

P1310275.jpg

thanks. i dig it. i also forgot my stepchild guitar, a parts-caster that i traded a crappy amp for that turned out to be a great guitar with a perfect 70's neck. its what got me into rewiring as i replaced everything in it. my friend is borrowing it right now but i'll post a pic when i can.

welcome and pleased to meet ya!

I lust after a wildkat. so congrats on that. Seems to me they don't need much if anything for upgrades.

and the g310 looks really nice.

did you ebay that decal?

I'd like to know who from. I like that art and I'd not mind getting one, too.. different of course. don't wanna steal your girl.

TWANG

Archived