Gibson Brands Forums

I want this. I want this very badly.

Lord Summerisle

If you had been on the forum about 6 months ago, you would have one (or at least the next best thing to one). A handful of us got Japan-made Epiphones that looked just like that (with the Gibson headstock as well) and nitro-finished for a ridiculous $700 (including shipping from Japan). Am I glad that I jumped at the chance.

What is StreetWater charging for the SG?

That's a '61 reissue. It will set you back $2000

An SG Standard is $1575 in cherry, or $1430 in ebony.

I love SGs. Of all the guitars that have gone through my hands, I always go back to SGs. I have a G-400 at the moment, which is fine. But still. I'm definitely in the market for a real 'keeper' SG. I try and convince myself that a really nice Gibson SG will see the end of my guitar-buying days. Perhaps it will. I might cut my American Stnd. Strat loose, in order to help finance the purchase. We'll see.

My other guitarist is selling a never-been-played Gibson 61 reissue SG in white for 2000 bucks. It was a guitar of the week limited run last year... He bought it as an investment, but now he needs a car, LOL. He tried to sell it to me, but I don't like how it feels on a strap... I'm too much of a Les Paul guy to enjoy an SG, apparently.

This is going to sound weird, seeing as I worship gibson and would love to have an SG, and a vintage one at that . The other day I was at the music store trying out some different fx pedals, and the guitar I decided to use was an sg classic. It felt great, was pretty light, and had some killer tone; and as I tried out the different pedals I was pretty impressed. The only thing: I couldn't get as good as sounding distortion/sustain or tone as my cheap Vintage g-400. I'm not saying I wouldn't want a gibson, but for the poor musician, the epiphone vintage classic is a pretty good buy. I've gigged with les pauls and strats, but the SG has to be my favorite. If you're short on cash go for a Epi while you save, or just wait it out. I have to say one day I'll have the 57 or 58 LP that Jimmy P used...or at least the classic...

If you're short on cash go for a Epi while you save' date=' or just wait it out. I have to say one day I'll have the 57 or 58 LP that Jimmy P used...or at least the classic...[/quote']

Yeah, I shouldn't complain, I'm lucky enough to have this to keep me happy in the meantime:

DSCF02461.jpg?t=1233851660

But still. A Gibson '61 reissue it ain't...!

I could probably swing you a deal on my buddy's white one... He would probably take 1800 or 1900... LOL!

Thank you for the thought, but forgive me if I don't bite his hand off on that offer!

Seriously though (so as not to waste his time, in case you did mention it), I really don't want a white one. But thanks.

Thank you for the thought' date=' but forgive me if I don't bite his hand off on that offer!

Seriously though (so as not to waste his time, in case you did mention it), I really don't want a white one. But thanks.[/quote']

Are you sure? It's really pretty, it's collectible, and I'll probably get a cut if I sell it for him... LOL. No prob, I just thought I'd throw it out there since it was relevant to the thread. I know how the mods can get if you try to sell stuff here anyway, not trying to make waves...

I generally go for Les Paul guitars, but am very open to the thought of an SG.

(BEAUTIFUL GUITAR, BY THE WAY...)

I've never had the opportunity to play one, but understand they've been

popular for ages.... I AM currently looking at purchasing the EPI MODEL.

Classic-Rock--8693.jpg

This isn't the best pic, but of the 3 SG's I've owned ('77 standard, mid 90's special and thi SG Classic pictured below) the SG Classic is my keeper SG. I would like the trap inlays better-but sonically, and playabilitywise, it's tough to beat- for me.

DSCF3026.jpg

Archived