Gibson Brands Forums

Which Guitar ?

marcelo94

For about $400 you can get a G400.

That was my first Epiphone purchase and I love mine.

I think it's a great value for the price.

Great suggestion ... or you could get a Dot for the same money. Lot's of color choices and the ability to play acoutically (sort of)!

MIDI

I'd have to agree on both suggestions! If it were me, I'd probably get the "Dot" first, but it might

depend too, on what kind of music you love, and want to learn? Not "critical," but it might help you determine

what you'd prefer? "Dot's" have the best of both worlds, Solid body sustain, and holllow body "warmth," in the tone,

and you can practice "unplugged" with a bit more acoustic volume, with the "Dot!"

CB

Might also want to consider trying out an LP... the Epi Studio is under your limit, and depending on where you buy, you can probably get into a Standard in a plain top finish or ebony as well. (I think the ebony is a little bit cheaper than the plain top, at least at my local guitar center.) Might have to shell out a few extra bucks to cover tax on the Standard, but it's a very nice guitar and worth the extra coin. Bit of advice, don't buy any of them, especially the SG style, before you see how they feel hanging on a strap. I find SGs to be pretty comfy sitting down, but almost unplayable standing up... and some people say just the opposite about Les Pauls. Make sure you're comfortable with the way a guitar hangs before you lock in your purchase. Any guitar store worth anything should let you try it on a strap, if they know you're serious about buying it. Show them the handful of cash, they should oblige you, or else I would go somewhere that will. Just my $0.02... :-k/

G400 I'd say.

normally I'd say dot. But I really think you'd dig the g400 more.

the lp studio. I own one. is also very good.

I think you'd like a solid body first.

and I think you'd like it for the smaller body, and a lighter weight G400 would seem perfect.

TWANG

Archived