Gibson Brands Forums

Gakki.com

EpiSheriMan

Hey guys, I have a good friend who will be in Japan on business in 10 days time and I'm thinking of getting him to pick me up an Elite. Does anyone know if Gakki have an actual shop in Tokyo? The website is impossible to figure out :-k I was thinking that they may be only mail order Doaaaaahhh!!!

Hey guys' date=' I have a good friend who will be in Japan on business in 10 days time and I'm thinking of getting him to pick me up an Elite. Does anyone know if Gakki have an actual shop in Tokyo? The website is impossible to figure out :-k I was thinking that they may be only mail order Doaaaaahhh!!![/quote']

And yet you somehow manage to find Gakki.com...:-k

Try This:

www.gakki.com/catalog45/epiphone_elite_collection.jpg

CB

Yeah CB,...that site has been around for years. Problem is,..I think it's an old site and all the guitars with "Open Book" Headstocks are no longer available. The previous link I posted above seems to be a more up to date site which looks like a retail store....

Yeah CB' date='...that site has been around for years. Problem is,..I think it's an old site and all the guitars with "Open Book" Headstocks are no longer available. The previous link I posted above seems to be a more up to date site which looks like a retail store....[/quote']

I understand...I just wish, if they are truly not availble, in that configuration, they'd REMOVE them, from their

website, and replace it with a current image page, you know?! I guess "Truth in Advertising" is as much an

oxymoron, there, as here. LOL!

CB

Oh yeah, I've been to that site, I couldn't figure out if I was browsing for guitars or Japanese comics. Very hard to figure out.

I would tell you to try ebay, but nowadays it seems ebay is more like efake than anything else... I'm pretty sure there has to be lots of music stores in Japan selling the Epis you're want. And I do mean music stores, you know, the old kind, with a door and a showroom and a clerk behind the register... [-(

Getting closer....

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/index.php

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/web-ikebe/ikebe_epiphone-limited/index.html

Whoa!!! Look at the Riviera II!

Riviera.jpg

Google's translation: New model was created by the collaboration of the Special IKEBE EPIFON and Custom Shop! Enjoy the sense of sound filled the air with a rich sound SEMIAKOSUTIKKU structure. HAMUBAKKA SUTOPPUTERUPISU to full size in addition to the combination of O & Tune MACHIKKUBURIJJI, normal ES-335 and powered by Riviera and is close to the PIKKUAPPUSEREKUTA RESUPORU, as opposed to the entire operation is high. The pick guard inlay & Split & PAROIDO are some great looks from posh rod cover. Concentrated on the long-awaited look cool is the sound of a Gibson SEMIAKO in a direct line!

I just sent an e-mail in my best Japanese and apparently Gakki doesn't ship overseas.

Did you ask about the "Gibson" headstock shape? Is it still in production/available...if only There?!

I'd be interested to know, for sure, as I have friends, and family too, in Tokyo.

CB

Did you ask about the "Gibson" headstock shape? Is it still in production/available...if only There?!

I'd be interested to know' date=' for sure, as I have friends, and family too, in Tokyo.

CB[/quote']

Err..no... I just asked if it was possible to order the SG '61 Reissue.

It is still available as is the Special and JR and they're almost 200 bucks cheaper than your ebay guy.

I asked the eBay-guy (the one who sells japanese Epis) if the Epis with open-book headstock are still being produced... unfortunately they ARE NOT!! *sigh*

I'm still praying that Epiphone is going to move to Japan for good and only produce open book headstock Epis! But that's a wish that probably will never come true...

But I guess there are enough Japanese epis for the handfull of Epi-fans on this forum who want one badly (like me...)

Sincerely

Nick

This would be a cool one to find' date=' a 335 with block inlay (Does that make it a "Block?"), bound fingerboard and a proper headstock!

[/quote']

If you really want it. There are Japanese middle-man scouring Japanes auctions and shops for a modest fee. 40 - 100 bucks.

Well, if they retained the quality, that would be just fine! I love the Gibby headstock, but I don't mind the real

Epiphone version, either. But, if these pictured on the Japanese website are Japanese produced, they would

(most likely) be of similar qualtiy to the defunct "Elitist," and that kind of quality is what interests me, most.

CB

My wife has been wanting to go back to Japan for the last 6 years. We have fiends that we will stay with.

Up until now, I felt no real rush to go. After looking at what is available there, I'm thinking we must go this fall.

Those Riviera's are great. Same with the 335 Block. And the prices seem reasonable.

Best part is we have a translator that will be able to help out.

Great thread.

Mark

This isn't official but a Japaneese used guitar shop owner told me that Gibson put a complete halt to the open book headstock stuff 2 years ago. It's a shame thay are truly awesome guitars to play.

mgm

Interesting... Probably the same story like in the 70's with the Lawsuit-Guitars being better than the actual real counterpart at the time...

Gibson probably feared that these guitars will be available in Europe/America (through Ebay and so on) and stopped it. Pitty that a company that's known for it's great built quality (and super high prices) needs to eliminate potential concurence (out of their own home) by shutting down the production...

At least we know how good the quality and looks of a guitar can be but for a reasonable price!!! ---> EPIPHONE JAPAN!

(Gibson my @ss...)

John

Archived