Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Epiphone

tomyyy

Hi!

I'm about to buy one of the ugliest Epiphone ever. Even if it is ugly, it plays like a dream. What are your comments about a Epiphone SC-450 1978?

Should I buy it or not? What's the real value of this?

I will pay 275$ for it. Is it too much?

Thanks!

Wow! It's an SG with an Ocean Wave on top! I like it, and I'm not a big fan of the flat top SG styling!

Sorry don't have anything technical to add, but the rule is - What's it worth to you? You say it plays like a dream, so it may be worth $275.

Good luck, and if you do decide to get her, post pics! It's always nice to see the older and the more unusual models posted here!

Sheila

OK, I had it for 250$ with the case (not original). The stp is missing but the bigsby seems to be as old as the guitar. Not sure about the humbucker... original? Well, it doesn't matter. The action is low and the neck is like an arrow!

Look at the pic! I love the walnut finish. If you don't see the picture, here's the link

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp352/tomyyy22/

div>

Wow! She's a beauty! Looks a lot like a piece of furniture along the perimeter edge! The switches and input look rather close to the wammy, does the bar affect the way you play?

I for one would definitely pay $250 for her, she's worth it!

Good luck!

The switches and input look rather close to the wammy, does the bar affect the way you play?

I have to plug an angled jack. The whammy is pretty close to the switches but I guess I'll have to deal with it!

This guitar is pretty heavy. I have a Gibson SG Standard (wich is pretty heavy for its size) and the SC-450 is heavier.

Posted it for you. She is cool!

Thanks!

Is anybody here have an other unusual vintage Epiphone model?

brain, you play dirty. i've yet to find a genesis in any decent shape to purchase. and due to my very little experience in body and paint work, it will be awhile before i get one. So, i think you should just give me one on yours!!!!!!![cool]

how bout a sound bite for envious!!!!!:-k

brain' date=' you play dirty. i've yet to find a genesis in any decent shape to purchase. and due to my very little experience in body and paint work, it will be awhile before i get one. So, i think you should just give me one on yours!!!!!!![blink']

how bout a sound bite for envious!!!!![cool]

Wardog! I've been posting and bumping this Genesis Deluxe I found on CL in Rockford IL for a couple of days - it's only $100, but nobody here seemed to care... Even the trashed Standard I bought in January wasn't that cheap - go for it!

http://rockford.craigslist.org/msg/1469150660.html

Brian' date=' the Genesis on the right looks like its missing strings and hardware. Does this affect playability?

:- [/quote']

That's the special edition "air guitar", only in production for a few months. IFAIK, I'm the only one with a black one, the rest were transparent...

:-

Wardog! I've been posting and bumping this Genesis Deluxe I found on CL in Rockford IL for a couple of days - it's only $100' date=' but nobody here seemed to care... Even the trashed Standard I bought in January wasn't that cheap - go for it!

http://rockford.craigslist.org/msg/1469150660.html[/quote']

Hey Brian—I've emailed about that one a couple times (it's about 30 mins from my house), never got a response. I'm guessing it sold real quick. That's a great price.

Hey Brian—I've emailed about that one a couple times (it's about 30 mins from my house)' date=' never got a response. I'm guessing it sold real quick. That's a great price.[/quote']

Dang, I was hoping someone on the forum would get it.

That was larceny, whoever grabbed it must have run fast...

Archived