Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ET-270

adam79

Hi. I have a quick question on the Epiphone ET-270 models. I've seen quite a few, some have the Epiphone "E" logo in-between the pickups, and on the headstock, others don't. Is the logo easily worn off, or were some made with the logo, and some without? Also, what does the "T" stand for in the ET-270 T model?

Thanks,

-Adam

I actually owned one of these way back in the early 70's:

scan0001.jpg

I never really thought much of it, although that was probably more because it wasn't a Fender Strat, which was the "Guitar du Jour" back in those days. Anyway, mine didn't have the "E" logo on the pickguard either despite the fact that it was a relativly new guitar then. At first I thought the "T" might refer to a tremolo bridge, but according to this catalog page, the guitar only came with a trem. Where did you hear about this ET-270 T model?

ET-270Catalogpage.jpg

Jim

I actually owned one of these way back in the early 70's

What did you think of the fretboard? Is it comparable to another guitar? Do you still have the guitar? If so, I'd be willing to buy it from you if you're looking to sell. In terms of the T model, I think I read somewhere that the model Kurt Cobain used on the Bleach recording was a ET-270 T.

Thanks,

-Adam

I actually owned one of these way back in the early 70's:

scan0001.jpg

I never really thought much of it' date=' although that was probably more because it wasn't a Fender Strat, which was the "Guitar du Jour" back in those days. Anyway, mine didn't have the "E" logo on the pickguard either despite the fact that it was a relativly new guitar then. At first I thought the "T" might refer to a tremolo bridge, but according to this catalog page, the guitar only came with a trem. Where did you hear about this ET-270 T model?

[img']http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/midiman56/ET-270Catalogpage.jpg[/img]

Jim

that is one narrrrrly come over brotha!

Hey Adam,

I had the ET-280 up until about a month ago, and i'm pretty sure it was the same guitar body, just swapped pups and neck for bass (check it on the fiar right of that catalog page). Anyway, the E between the pickups was pretty deep in the pickguard, and mine looked like knockoff mother of pearl. i loved it, but it's definitely something that if you wanted it, you'd have to find a new pickguard with it inlaid, which would probably be difficult.

were you the one looking for a et-270 on boston CL maybe a month ago? i saw that, thought it was quite a particular request for boston CL, and wondered how that ended up.

Archived