Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for an SG?

Angusthegod

Man no need to be rude! I've been a fan of AC/DC since before your mommy of thought about having you. I've met the band twice and got to know Bon Scott pretty well. You don't have a clue what Angus did in his early gigging days. I've been backstage at an event in Springfield Ill when AC/DC opened for UFO and partied with both bands before and after the concert. Angus did alot of different types of playing Esp. small venues before they hit it big. He was really into the blues when he was younger. Don't say you know when you clearly haven't been there.

Yes, I am sorry for being rude....Just had a long day.....

But lemme recite some stuff, still true to what I said.....

"Angus did in his early gigging days."

"before they hit it big."

"when he was younger."

Yes.....Yes......

Yes' date=' I am sorry for being rude....Just had a long day.....

But lemme recite some stuff, still true to what I said.....

"Angus did in his early gigging days."

"before they hit it big."

"when he was younger."

Yes.....Yes......[/quote']

Man be cool and enjoy the world and rock til your fingers bleed. Chicks will like it! P.S. We never know it all. Everybody have merry F@#Kin Christmas and a Rockin New Year!

DDUDUDUDUDUDDEEE!!!! .............Now............. You need to tell me about Bon! :-

Wow Bon was the coolest of all. Angus was a joker,Cliff and Malcom liked to party but were reserved in their nature and Phil was a recluse. Bon would sit and talk about anything and his girls were always nice. The drugs back then were mainly coke which everyone wanted to indulge in. Bon mostly drank Jack and coca cola. But if I remember right that's what did him in. After a while He would just take big swigs outta the bottle when the buzz kicks in and The Jack flows smooth. I have pics but we used mostly Polaraids and Kodak Cams back then. Not sure what else you want to know about Bon He was the main presence when it came to people.

Wow Bon was the coolest of all. Angus was a joker' date='Cliff and Malcom liked to party but were reserved in their nature and Phil was a recluse. Bon would sit and talk about anything and his girls were always nice. The drugs back then were mainly coke which everyone wanted to indulge in. Bon mostly drank Jack and coca cola. But if I remember right that's what did him in. After a while He would just take big swigs outta the bottle when the buzz kicks in and The Jack flows smooth. I have pics but we used mostly Polaraids and Kodak Cams back then. [/quote']

Mannnn, that is so awesome..... You're so lucky to have known him..... I've tried hunting down every last photograph and piece of footage of him on the internet. I have about 300 pictures of him saved in a folder..... Bon Scott is 90% of my inspiration to do anything.....especially rock out!

Mannnn' date=' that is so awesome..... You're so lucky to have known him..... I've tried hunting down every last photograph and piece of footage of him on the internet. I have about 300 pictures of him saved in a folder..... Bon Scott is 90% of my inspiration to do anything.....especially rock out![/quote']

Yeah man Bon was a Big hearted guy and he loved people always a gas We actually smoked a giant doobie that had AC/DC written on it with a flair pen.

I partied with Phil in Nassau in 1983 before he got sacked. He was so cool. We smoked drugs and talked about scoring with Malcolms little wife.

Soon after that he was gone off to the Netherlands where he took up flying copters and racing cars.

He cleaned up for years but looks like crap now. Go figure.

I partied with Phil in Nassau in 1983 before he got sacked. He was so cool. We smoked drugs and talked about scoring with Malcolms little wife.

Soon after that he was gone off to the Netherlands where he took up flying copters and racing cars.

He cleaned up for years but looks like crap now. Go figure.

Hey dude... Kinda off topic, but, do ya have any pictures of your vintage G400? I'm saving up for the exact same axe, and I just can't get enough pics of it, cuz its sooooo beautiful.

Hey dude... Kinda off topic' date=' but, [b']do ya have any pictures of your vintage G400[/b]? I'm saving up for the exact same axe, and I just can't get enough pics of it, cuz its sooooo beautiful.

But of Course!!

This is a great playing and sounding guitar.

I actually play this more than the LP at the moment. Best stock Epiphone pickups in any of them....and that's the way it's going to stay.

17.jpg

10.jpg

The only things changed/ added were the TP-6 tailpiece (my must-have item) and a toggle switch cap in Ivory.

The frets were filed in August.

4.jpg

5.jpg

The day I brought her home (July 7, 2009)

100_1700.jpg

100_1694.jpg

Man no need to be rude! I've been a fan of AC/DC since before your mommy of thought about having you. I've met the band twice and got to know Bon Scott pretty well. You don't have a clue what Angus did in his early gigging days. I've been backstage at an event in Springfield Ill when AC/DC opened for UFO and partied with both bands before and after the concert. Angus did alot of different types of playing Esp. small venues before they hit it big. He was really into the blues when he was younger. Don't say you know when you clearly haven't been there.

Rewddawg

In the "earliest" days, did he not also try :

A hollowbody, similar to Malcolms........"couldn't control the feedback enough"

A Les Paul Standard.........."wayyyy too heavy, hey, i'm a little guy"

A Les Paul Jr........."I could barely get my hand around the neck"

Before settling on the SG, because it sounded great, felt great, and "looked a little devilish, like me"

????????

Try to imagine Angus & "Buckethead" (the kabuki giant) standing on stage together' date=' both playing SG's...........

[/quote']

Something tells me DeathcubeK would send Little Lord Fauntleroy searching for Paul Gilbert to give him a lesson or two. Three cords just won't let you hang with that man! (did I say man?? I meant Chicken God.)

Archived