Gibson Brands Forums

Gotta love these E-bay hucksters.........

smips65

on a much higher note my ebay handle is normally: thecat1963 with over 2,700 positive feedbacks

currently deactivated while I try to help my wife build up her character on ebay to sell stuff.

So i am not really some newbie to ebay.

I would like to thank those who really were supportive on these forums.

My friend by the way said I should include a pic of his girlfriend, who by the way has JJ size breasts and are enormous.

He said I should mention, "who wouldn't want a guitar wrecked by a girl like this"

thanks

Rob

to: smips65

apology accepted.

the reason for the $500 buy it now was to give an option with free shipping.

the case was $139 alone and the guitar was $499

$639 total

for $500 you get free shipping, I lose $45 and net $455

add the jack to that $455 and some sweat equity, and you have a $639 investment for $500 with a top of the line hardshell.

not trying to rip anybody off. I have seen those auctions as well where they are trying to sell a years old used like 2006 model for the price of a new one. however this guitar is months old, well taken care of by me, so in my own way I felt comfortable standing behind my guitar rather than trying to squeeze anyone with a lie about its quality. I stand behind it, but had to cover my a@@ on ebay with the impromptu clip to show it actually works and is not unplayable, I may add a clip to show me playing it and then bringing it up close to the lens to show it was not prerecorded prior to damage....

don't feel too bad about sucking up and saying sorry, because remember: It takes a BIG man to admit he was wrong.

the more you can do that, the more you grow intellectually!

as ben kenobi said: "you just taken your first steps, into a much larger world"

or something like that.

take care

on a much higher note my ebay handle is normally: thecat1963 with over 2' date='700 positive feedbacks

currently deactivated while I try to help my wife build up her character on ebay to sell stuff.

So i am not really some newbie to ebay.

[/quote']

Not commenting about the guitar you have for sale which I'm sure is fine, but the above is a tad dishonest. If you both want to operate separately on ebay then you should only each sell your own stuff.

No offence, but that's how I see it.

Alan

I'm a registered ebay seller, errr... huckster, and a frequent

buyer. Now I must hang my head in shame..... NOT!!!!!!!

[cool][biggrin] [biggrin]

Thinkin' about putting my Freak Brothers comic collection

out there, barely read, some smoke residue...

i'm guessing it was light hearted humour to lift the mood of the thread...

I am still waiting for the pics...

Although used to be a fan of JJs I prefer TungSols now. (Although the JJ 6v6 is a great tube if you dare to replace your 6l6s with them)

LOL, this is some thread!

So I ask' date=' how miserable does someone's life have to be to make negative comments about something they know nothing about? That my friend comes from reading tabloids and watching "E" or some other gossip show. [/quote']

don't feel too bad about sucking up and saying sorry' date=' because remember: It takes a BIG man to admit he was wrong.

the more you can do that, the more you grow intellectually!

as ben kenobi said: "you just taken your first steps, into a much larger world"

or something like that. [/quote']

My friend by the way said I should include a pic of his girlfriend' date=' who by the way has JJ size breasts and are enormous. He said I should mention, "who wouldn't want a guitar wrecked by a girl like this" [/quote']

wow' date=' the mentality in this room has sunk to a new low with these new comments.

I hope their guitar playing isn't equally matched with these "chatty posters"?

har har [/quote']

Your posts are fascinating, "Guy in NJ", but I'm wondering about something...

A new, undamaged Epiphone ES-175 with a warranty costs 499,00 USD. A case for this model costs $89,00, not $139,00. Shipping for this order would cost $0,00. That means I can buy new merchandise for 588,00 dollars, or I can pay you 88,00 dollars less and hope that the damage isn't more extensive than you claim. Then I can pay a 7 or 8 dollars for the part and spend the time to try to fix the damage.

Do you really think that's a "good deal"?

In my humble opinion this offer of yours is pretty lame. I think it would be much more sensible to spend the extra $80,00 and have the peace of mind knowing the guitar is undamaged and protected by a lifetime warranty.

Archived