Gibson Brands Forums

soapbars in g-400?

aljosha

hy,

as I decided to not sell my SG but rarely play it since I've got my seventies Strat, well, so I'm gonna strip it, make it a nice cherry red or natural and give it better picups and shaping (more like a Gibson)

and here is my problem

I dont really want to put in Humbuckers, Id like to give it P90s

I know that I could juse P94, but I love the look of P90 soapbars

but I could not find anything to tell me wheter they fit (I'll have to do some routing, I know that) or they are too small

and if they are too small, might dog ears help?

hope someone can tell me

thanks

aljosha

hy' date='

as I decided to not sell my SG but rarely play it since I've got my seventies Strat, well, so I'm gonna strip it, make it a nice cherry red or natural and give it better picups and shaping (more like a Gibson)

and here is my problem

I dont really want to put in Humbuckers, Id like to give it P90s

I know that I could juse P94, but I love the look of P90 soapbars

but I could not find anything to tell me wheter they fit (I'll have to do some routing, I know that) or they are too small

and if they are too small, might dog ears help?

hope someone can tell me

thanks

aljosha[/quote']

Soapbars will not fit a humbucker route directly, too long and a little too narrow, what I suggest is having a pickguard made like the one on the Gibson SG Classic:

472302.jpg

You could use a Dremel to slightly enlarge the routing and the pickguard will cover everything and look perfecto!!!

I have my doubt's if guitarfetisch is selling over the pond.........

Well they state in large letters at the bottom of their homepage that "We Ship Worldwide Daily""

So I think you're wrong.

Soapbars will not fit a humbucker route directly' date=' too long and a little too narrow, what I suggest is having a pickguard made like the one on the Gibson SG Classic:

[img']http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/3/0/2/472302.jpg[/img]

You could use a Dremel to slightly enlarge the routing and the pickguard will cover everything and look perfecto!!!

See, I would so the opposite. Get a Classic and slap some 'buckers in it. SG Standard with dot markers. Hells to the yeah.

See' date=' I would so the opposite. Get a Classic and slap some 'buckers in it. SG Standard with dot markers. Hells to the yeah. [/quote']

Or, just put Mini-humbuckers in the Classic, as it is? That way, you could go back to P-90's, if

you wanted, at a later time.

Just a thought...

CB

One more from Woodstock...

santana-woodstock2.jpg

Ooohhh Carlos Santana's heavily drug induced soloing from Woodstock is legendary.

And at the time he played a nice SG, too.

you already have a single coil guitar that you love, I'd keep the humbuckers (or upgrade them) and you'd have a guitar for each style. The difference that adding Gibson humbuckers makes is very noticable and a big improvement imo.

hy,

thanks elias, I'm gonna keep that in mind

maybe give them a try

but its gonna be P90s for sure, I'm gonna build a LesPaul soon (gotta finish my acoustics first) and that will get mini-Humbuckers (so I can still switch to P90s [confused])

but the SG needs other pics, the front one is splittet (one coil damaged...), the other one is a "overwound" gibson, far too much Power and "anger" for my playing

well thanks again

aljosha

Archived