Gibson Brands Forums

Post your (Non LP) Flametops !

Robin' date=' how can anyone not LOVE the LP shape?[angry LOL!

Sheila

I dont know. Just not my style I guess. I could probably get past that, but I dont like the feel of them...at least the ones I've played. But I'll be honest, I've only played on Gibbys and I just couldnt warm up to them. Well, I've played my Jr., but that isnt really all that LP-like.

But I can appreciate a looker when I see one.

wow' date=' what tele is that?[/quote']

It's custom made, one piece mahogany with one piece quarter sawn redwood (1/8" thick) on each side - the neck is also custom, Canadian big leaf maple, also quarter sawn and with some flame.

At this point I might as well shamelessly use the opportunity to post a couple more..

010.jpg

022.jpg

It's custom made' date=' one piece mahogany with one piece quarter sawn redwood (1/8" thick) on each side - the neck is also custom, Canadian big leaf maple, also quarter sawn and with some flame.

At this point I might as well [b']shamelessly [/b]use the opportunity to post a couple more..

010.jpg

022.jpg

Drool......

BTW Brian, cruel, just cruel. These tele's with awesome finishes, killer necks.

Sheila gets a lp with a killer pup.

It's just cruel.

BTW, what are those Boggy's going in?

Somebody eggy suggested this thread, and no LP can be included, so Egg, Where is yours???

I wasn't going to post this unitl it was done' date=' but here's a little project I have way down at the end of the cue.

It's an unfinished thinline tele body and matching neck: . . . .[/quote']

Darn, Brian, I just finished a Partscaster and it's not in the same league as yours. That guitar is beautiful!

Old Ampeg Guy

It's custom made' date=' one piece mahogany with one piece quarter sawn redwood (1/8" thick) on each side - the neck is also custom, Canadian big leaf maple, also quarter sawn and with some flame.

At this point I might as well shamelessly use the opportunity to post a couple more.. . . [/quote']

Yikes! Another beautiful Tele. Really, really nice, james_edward! I think I might take a look at going with USA Custom Guitars for the next body (if not both the body and neck). I love my recently-finished Partscaster, but it cannot compete in the looks department with yours or Brian's.

Old Ampeg Guy

The Qing Dao Lass (My China Girl) refuses to venture out for photos in today's wet Sydney weather... but will present her full devastating beauty here shortly... LOL[biggrin]

eggmuffins

BrianH,

that is a stunning example of flame! The neck I would kill for!

OK, painted guitars are nice but when the wood is used to it's maximum then all you need is clear laquer to show off the character of the wood. One red guitar brand X just looks like another red guitar brand X but the subtleties of wood grain can make one example more outstanding than another.

Gimme a woody any day!

BrianH' date='

that is a stunning example of flame! The neck I would kill for!

OK, painted guitars are nice but when the wood is used to it's maximum then all you need is clear laquer to show off the character of the wood. One red guitar brand X just looks like another red guitar brand X but the subtleties of wood grain can make one example more outstanding than another.

[b']Gimme a woody any day![/b]

:-

The slang must be different on the other side of the pond. Sorry!! It made me laugh!

I, too, love the grain to show!

Sheila

[blink]The slang must be different on the other side of the pond. Sorry!! It made me laugh!

Sheila,

I'm hearin' ya in Oz!

I mean, we all love our geets... BUT???:-

eggmuffins

The Qing Dao Lass (My China Girl) refuses to venture out for photos in today's wet Sydney weather... but will present her full devastating beauty here shortly... LOL[biggrin]

And' date=' Ladies & Gentlemen... here she is...

[img']http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6982/qingdaolass001.jpg[/img]

qingdaolass002.jpg

qingdaolass003.jpg

qingdaolass004.jpg

Enjoy... I certainly do[biggrin]

eggmuffins

Crikey Sheila, I mean stone the crows, I don't think you should mention slang in front of EM and myself....just don't get us started!

Hey EM, you were right, she's a pretty girl alright! Hard to keep your hands off her curves I bet. (snigger)

I dreamt that all my guitars were stolen last night, and even in my dreams my devious little mind was scheming about what to buy with the insurance money LOL There was most definitely an ES335 in cherry in there somewhere. Sorry for the digression.

Lovely guitars you guys!

Digger

Archived