Gibson Brands Forums

Bad Custom?

EpiLady

Hi,

I just bought a brand new Epiphone Les Paul Custom in artic white. I have a few concerns though.

The binding is coming off, it looks much like sawdust between the binding and fingerboard, and it is seperating there, I can slip my credit card between them and the wood.

The frets are very uneven and it buzzes a lot and the frets look like they are spun metal that is coming apart. Also the switch only sum times works. Is there an easy fix? I don't want to go back to the store because Guitar Center treats all femals like they have no clue what they are talking about, when I was buying the guitar he kept trying to get me to play a sparkly pink daisy rock heart shaped thing, I wanted to kit him with it, I just wanted a Les Paul. I went with the Epiphone over Gibson thinking I was getting more bang for my dollar, but now I kind of regret it and think I should have just bought a Gibson. So whats your opinion, is this Epiphone wotrh it, should I return it? Is Gibson goint to be any better? I have been playing for many years so I am not afraid to spend money well, but this Epipone is mot delivering what it promised.

Return it immediately They will take it back. Epiphones are good instruments you just got a bad one. Be forcefull but not rude with the sales man If you dont like him ask for another or a Manager. Play many guitars and go home with the one YOU like. If the sales man is unhelpfull get a manager remind him you chose to spend you hard earned cash their and demand service. Remember its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Forcefull not rude get want u want.

Good Luck now GO

Unhappy? Return immediately!!!! I think the

"CREDIT CARD" demonstration will effectively end any

questions on the part of the seller. Do it a home again and take

pictures for reference, Do it at the store and take MORE pictures for

reference.

Doesn't matter if you be man, woman, or extraterrestrial -

your $$$$ does the talking, and it seems that unfortunately

you rvcd a git that somehow slipped by. Just attempt to be

as easy to work with as you can tolerate, end result being that

you have a git you want that isn't hosed up. Nothing wrong with

EPIs (I currently have 3), nothing wrong with GIBSONs (I've owned

3 in the past).

If for SOME reason the store doesn't "do right" by you, then contacting

EPI/GIBSON customer service would be the next step. Please keep us

posted!

Not acceptable to get a git like that. Of course, the full Monty

inspection-wise before leaving with the replacement.....

Make a photo record of the defects, return the guitar to the store and if no luck in getting a replacement from the sales employee, ask to see the manager. From what I have picked up from you guys about GC is that there are good stores and not so good stores in their dealings with customers. If you get no satisfaction from the store - send the photo record to their head office with an explanation of the saga so far. No luck from the GC head office? Send the photos to Gibson / Epiphone customer service department. IN fact send it to them anyway to let them know that their product is not up to standard.

The store is not doing you or themselves a favour if they refuse to give satisfaction on the guitar. Goods bought in any store have to fit for the purpose, the materials free from defect, the construction free from defect, you have your consumer rights and any store has to honour these by replacing the faulty goods with equal or greater value replacements or offer you a full, no quibble, refund.

If a store is selling inferior product then they are the ones that will suffer, as said before they are not doing us a favour, we are doing them a favour. Vote with your feet and $$$$ if you do not get satisfaction.

Hi' date='

I just bought a brand new Epiphone Les Paul Custom in arctic white. I have a few concerns though.

The binding is coming off, it looks much like sawdust between the binding and fingerboard, and it is separating there, I can slip my credit card between them and the wood.

The frets are very uneven and it buzzes a lot and the frets look like they are spun metal that is coming apart. Also the switch only sum times works. Is there an easy fix? I don't want to go back to the store because Guitar Center treats all females like they have no clue what they are talking about, when I was buying the guitar he kept trying to get me to play a sparkly pink daisy rock heart shaped thing, I wanted to kit him with it, I just wanted a Les Paul. I went with the Epiphone over Gibson thinking I was getting more bang for my dollar, but now I kind of regret it and think I should have just bought a Gibson. So whats your opinion, is this Epiphone worth it, should I return it? Is Gibson going to be any better? I have been playing for many years so I am not afraid to spend money well, but this Epiphone is mot delivering what it promised.[/quote']

Take it back to Guitar Center......

I'm a bit stumped as to Guitar Center trying to sell you something lower in price[confused] .... When my daughter was looking for another guitar when she was 11, the sales person at GC was trying to get her to bite on a Gibby 335, because I'm sure she told the sales person "my daddy will buy me anything"[blink][biggrin] .... My daughter was practically begging me in the store to buy it, as I snarled at the sales person[angry]GRRR!! ....

She came home with a Gibby Melody Maker and a used VOXAC50CP, so I didn't walk out of there completely broke[biggrin]

They tried to sell me a girl guitar because I'm young and hot and the dude was an asshole! They didn't have the guitar I wanted and I wasn't going back to that place so I had them ship it to me, this is what I got.[confused]

They tried to sell me a girl guitar because I'm young and hot and the dude was an asshole! They didn't have the guitar I wanted and I wasn't going back to that place so I had them ship it to me' date=' this is what I got.[confused']

Really? Post pics please! Umm, I'm talking about the guitar of course. LOL.

So whats your opinion' date=' is this Epiphone wotrh it, should I return it? [/quote']

Welcome EpiLady,

I wish I could say I was young & hot[crying]!

But I got this advice for you from an old guy who works in our local McDonalds:

eggmuffins (in honour of Him)

They tried to sell me a girl guitar because I'm young and hot and the dude was an asshole! They didn't have the guitar I wanted and I wasn't going back to that place so I had them ship it to me' date=' this is what I got.[confused']

cool story bro

and I do mean bro

Archived