Gibson Brands Forums

Gig on Saturday

albertjohn

If anyone should find themselves in North Essex on Saturday night.................Robbie Gladwell, Ashley Bartlett and I will be my local pub, The George in Shalford, in North Essex on Saturday 21 Aug. Kick off about 8.30. We have about 3 hrs of stuff and it should be a good night.

Hope to get some vid from the night to post in due course.

Please do get some video, would be grat to see that SWD in action !

Enjoy.

If anyone should find themselves in North Essex on Saturday night.................Robbie Gladwell, Ashley Bartlett and I will be my local pub, The George in Shalford, in North Essex on Saturday 21 Aug. Kick off about 8.30. We have about 3 hrs of stuff and it should be a good night.

Hope to get some vid from the night to post in due course.

You go, aj! Sorry, but I'll have to beg off being there......the Lear is in the shop for the next...ummm....well...for awhile. Have a great show!

Thanks Buc. Just as well about the Lear. I only have a helicopter pad in the garden. :-"

Well, what time is it there? I'm thinking around 2 in the afternoon. Now John did say that AJ likes his, er, beverages, so perhaps after the success of the night, AJ decided to indulge and is now waiting for the aspirin to kick in? [tongue]

Naw K

Aj is far too professional to inbibe whilst playing.

I have scoured the local news sites and there has been no reports of crowd disturbances or street riots so I guess the gig went well.

He'll let us know, he's probably devloping the video footage ( we don't have DVD in south of England yet)

Naw K

Aj is far too professional to inbibe whilst playing.

I have scoured the local news sites and there has been no reports of crowd disturbances or street riots so I guess the gig went well.

He'll let us know, he's probably devloping the video footage ( we don't have DVD in south of England yet)

The vid is in the fixing solution now. And the ibuprofen has done its job. The beer is far too tempting when the venue is 50yrds from my house.

Gig went down well and I have some vid which I have yet to review but is on the laptop. Unfortunately, the quality is not so good as the lighting was poor. We had on show a Chet Atkins, J185 and my SWD. Robbie brought an exquisite J200 Elite/Custom shop. Didn't know he had one but that is one heck of an axe. We didn't use it live though.

Will get some vid up on YT asap. However I have to get some sleep this arvo before picking up sons Nos 1 & 2 from the V festival at some unearthly hour tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the interest folks and I hope I do not disappoint to much.

Ahhhhh I'd forgotten how much I love that song. It sounded great! I thought the recording sounded good too, considering the venue (distance, external noise, etc). What did you use to record it? Lovely smooth voice and the guitars sounded like a really good blend of highs, lows, and mids. You should be darn proud of yourselves!

AJ - one of my all time favourite songs ! I perform this track solo, but its quite tough because of the harmonies. However i bought recently the Harmony Gx-t and its all been good since then.

Your taste and style is very similar to mine, do you mind writing your set list, maybe i could get some ideas for my own set :-)

Last but not least, well played, and I love the gear you guys have. That J-185 also sure looked sweet!

cheers,

Mark

Cover of the Crowded House song, Fall At Your Feet. Done during our soundcheck.

Unfortunately this showed up the limitations of the camera - doesn't like the volume loud or low light (should have draw the curtains!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KldCYkVhbSc

Nice one Pete!

See Robbie's having a wee coast and leeting you guys do the work (LOL)

What was he playing on the CH song, couldn't really see (as I've just been to Specsavers) but it looks like a Chet Atkins.

We nearly came up on Saturday but we had a "daughter visit" A.K.A. a sharp outflow of funds!

Thanks for all the responses folks. It's great to get any feedback.

As for kit: Me - SWD and Tak 12er direct into Robbie's Bose L1, Shure SM58. Strat through an Epiphone Valve Special. Ash - J185 direct to his L1 Compact, Shure SM58. Robbie, Gibson Chet Atkins, his pedal board, direct to his L1.

Songs included:

Run

Drugs Don’t Work

Behind Blue Eyes

Through The Barricades

Wild Wood

Mrs Robinson

The Boxer

Times Like These

Blaze Of Glory

Aint No Sunshine

Baker St

Help

One

Brown Eyed Girl

I’m Yours

You Do Something to Me

May You Never

Losing My Religion

Weather With You

Homeward Bound

Here Comes The Sun

Black Magic Woman

Pineapple Head

Fall At Your Feet

Tequila Sunrise

Lyin Eyes

Wish You Were Here

Comfortably Numb

Wild Horses

Delilah

Don’t Look Back in Anger

Half A World Away

Daydream Believer

Hotel California

Make Me Smile

Wonderwall

Ash has a 3 part harmoniser which he uses when singing. Helps to broaden the sound even with some living backing vocals.

As and I have another gig nearby on Friday, Johnt. Not far from Peach's.

Archived