Gibson Brands Forums

effect pedal you can't live without?

S t e v e

Cool man. I've only got recordings of my first band and they're all improvised so they're not great. A couple songs are pretty cool I guess.

Unfortunately we didn't get any good recordings of my last band and we split up so those songs will probably never be heard again in their entirity.

If only I had a drumset and some recording gear... I could do it all lol.

I was considering buying a drum set and trying to learn... but my friend started getting back into rock drumming from jazz, much better at drums than I am at guitar. Great kid, the stuff is very basic (more White Stripes than Black Keys) punky blues stuff, two piece. We have had some sick jams to random stuff that I wish I could have recorded

Sorry for the hijack Steve.

Yeah I can't even tell you how many sweet jams we've had that we should have recorded. It's a shame because it all gets forgotten. If I don't have a recording I usually forget what I played if it was improvised. If it was recorded I can listen to it and play it and sound exactly the same every time.

I'm thinkin about getting back together with my old drummer and getting a bassist. He always played these fat tasty beats. I'm not gonna lie we could play some hot ****.

my 86 pro co rat, I bought it barely used in 87 for 75 bucks(a lot of money at 15)

noise suppressors are great for semi and full hollow bodies.

thank goodness for the ultra linear design of the Bassman 135 unless I am standing pretty much on top of it, it's quiet as a mouse.

Well I don't need the noise suppressor cause my Line 6 amp has a built in noise gate.

However, there is one pedal that I wouldn't go to a gig without:

cry%20baby%20slash.gif

This baby does both wah and distortion with volume and gain controls! msp_cool.gif

I really like my zoom 505 pedal. I love my 1981 Tubescreamer. I like my GT-3. Can't live without? Hmmm - no easy answer to that. I love reverb. I love wah. If I could find one pedal with echo, reverb, great wahwah sound and great fuzz I'd be in heaven

Someone get this man a digital multi-effects pedal on the double! msp_cool.gif

I tired of the tangle of wires and plugs long ago and have used a number of cheaper digitech multi-fx pedals until I went ahead and got a quality pedal. The Boss ME-70 apealed to me for the seperate knob heavy lay out, I am tired of scrolling thru menu's I can't see.

11aa088x1.jpg

In action loop function one pass .........stupid photo-bucket comercials pop up now.....jerks.....aint nuthin free

th_blackievid1.jpg

Assuming I could use instead my amp w./ tube overdrive and nice reverb... a tuning pedal. [blush] :unsure:

I'd hate to do without my Boss GT-6, though. Like Blakie's, it's covered with knobs, which are many times better than menus.

I don't have any plug-in ones but I use the amp's reverb circuit regularly. Does that count? It IS operated via a foot-switch after all!

Just the good ol'

TalentBooster.jpg

Now that's very funny!

gibsonsteel002.jpg

I agree with Diego; that V is very, very tasty, Cabba. The 'Goth' look isn't normally my thing at all but that one looks just perfect!

Okay, from another era of rock and stuff...

I've got effects. Even in the olden days my amps had reverb and trem and, face it, that was kinda the start of it all.

But I could do without all of 'em. I do think a volume pedal or master volume in lieu of a sound manager running a board for band balance is pretty necessary regardless of any other factors in pickin', but on a solo gig? Don't need 'em.

I have a Boss Leslie emulator when I pretend I'm playing a B3 stedda a guitar; I add some thickness with my multi-effect pedal and I reeeeally like that, but... that's about it.

m

Archived