Gibson Brands Forums

i.d. your Epiphone here -- serial # key, guitardater link + factory codes... a worldwide guide >part 3

Steven Lister

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board I am a brazilian who loves playing guitar, I just acquired an Epiphone Les Paul model, Although I managed to get an id from the guitardaterproject the manufacturing location code on the serial number "G" still obscure to me see bellow for full info. I don't even know if this is a real Epiphone since I got from a friend who had the guitar on his attic for so many years. She is is in pretty good condition for a guitar that has been neglected for so long, the finish is intact front and back, a little rusty screws on the plates, the electrical also got some residues all around it and She was not kept on the case which brought another pleasant surprise, even with the strings tensed up the neck is straight with a little bowing relief :). I managed to get some nice sounds out of it the PU's seemed ok. In total it is a pretty lady just got treat her right.

Here is the full info with photos;

Serial # G98111436

Guitar Info from guitardaterproject

made inKorea

November 1998

Production Number: 1436

Photos for Id

I really do appreciate any info on this gal pls.

TIA,

jlart

Serial # G98111436 Guitar Info from guitardaterproject

made inKorea

November 1998

Production Number: 1436

Photos for Id

I really do appreciate any info on this gal pls.

TIA, jlart

Hi JL and welcome to the forum. Problem with the bolt-on neck models is they used the same serial number for many guitars of the same model.

Just my opinion, but if it plays well and sounds good, don't worry about where it was made, it's not important.

Cheers, Brian

Hi JL and welcome to the forum. Problem with the bolt-on neck models is they used the same serial number for many guitars of the same model.

Just my opinion, but if it plays well and sounds good, don't worry about where it was made, it's not important.

Cheers, Brian

Thank You for the honest answer, I am taking your advice buy a couple seymor Duncan PU's, clean her up, setup and make her weep :0).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. New member here.

I just bought an Epiphone Les Paul a few days ago ( serial 10041511592 ).

I was told this is a limited edition P90, only made and sold in Canada.

Was also told to contact Gibson, to get a COA to confirm it's history.

Gibson can't help, and the store I got it from doesn't have any paperwork on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't want to sell it, just for my own records and insurance.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Steve

Pics would help a lot but just from your serial number, it would have been made in April 2010 at the Gibson owned factory in Qingdao, China with a production number of 11592. There is no way to determine what model it is from the serial number. As for a COA, the only Epiphones that come with them are certain signature models such as a Slash AFD.

Hope that helps a bit. Welcome to the board and HNGD (happy new guitar day)!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Christian, I am new to this forum ... do not know if I'm in the right place to ask this question ..

I want to buy an Epiphone SG Custom with the serial number given to me I can not confirm if it really is Koreana, someone could help me?

Epiphone SG Custom Sn ° 08121522880

I'm from Argentina, my English is not very good, I hope you understand.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, MC22070058 = The Muce factory in China. 22 is not the standard numbering though could be 2002? 07 is July and 0058 is the serial number.

Hope that helps a bit but the 22 is the odd part.

Regardless. Enjoy your axe. It looks great.

Walterego

I've google and searched, but I can't properly date my SG Special. It looks pretty standard, except with a "Gibson" truss rod cover, and has a serial of MC22070058. I get that it is made in China....but not in 1922. Thoughts?

Hi, MC = Muce, China. Muce is the top end range of the Luna Guitar range.

22 is not the standard numbering though could be 2002?

07 is July and 0058 is the serial number.

Hope that helps a bit but the 22 is the odd part.

Regardless. Enjoy your axe. It looks great.

Walterego

Mine is a christmas present but I asked for a code just to date it, can anyone decipher this?

using the FYYMM format it would be 2001 but I think that would be unlikely, using the YYMMFF format it's 2010 which would be more likely

Can anyone help? It's a G-400 in faded worn cherry by the way.

Thanks

If it's a faded model, it definitely isn't from 2001 as they did not exist back then. The only problem I see with the serial number is that if we use the current method of sn it decodes to factory 18 which does not exist as far as I am aware. Are you sure that the 8 is not a 5?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

im through with all posts above...but still cant date my x-mas present....my english is not soo good, maybe thats the reason why ;)

I've got a new "Epi Ltd.Ed. 67er Flying V Cream Alt Ivory" with the SN 1005125559.

Can you guys please help me to find out where and when it was built!?

I've searched allready the guitardater but it doesnt helped; the model isnt anywhere to be found on epis HP too...

HELP!!!