Gibson Brands Forums

Ok I need to say something !!!

swleary

I watch the forum everyday closely,I watch the samething day in and day out. What do you think of this, will this make me sound like slash etc. I've been playing off and on since I was 7 and just this past year have I really improved to the point of , I don't need new gear. My Lp Traditional and Vox VT30 work for me.

I was always looking at new gear to find the "Tone" and honestly, I'm liking my tone (yes a Marshall would be great but not needed). I've really had to open my mind to learning new things and new techniques but rather just go for the feel of it all and the mood of it all.

This is just my own personal opinion and not intended to offend anyone. I don't care what other people do so please carry on lol

there I've vented, carry on lol

I'm really happy with my current setup too. With my ac30 and my SG and Tele (and sometimes pedals) I can get pretty much all of the sounds I want. The only tone I want that I can't currently get is that Fender clean with that Fender reverb sound. After that, everything else is sort of superfluous.

Big Bill I think he has a honeyburst.

I hear that. I just plug my line6 x3 board to my JBL EON 450w powered speaker and play with tones. If I want a strictly Marshall tone, I just plug the line6 (4 cable method) and go on. If I want a Mississippi blues sound, I get my Delta Blues Peavey on. I've got what I need but, darn it, there's that itch... [razz]

I wanted the iced tea but they didn't have it so I went with the HCB, think it works for me. I love the flame on your Iced tea Big Bill

Alright, this is getting weird. I was looking for a Heritage Cherry, but fell in love the Iced Tea. Perhaps our Trads were switched at birth? [huh]

Archived