Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars to the grave?

46 and 2

Morbid thought here but is anyone planning on being buried with a guitar?? I was thinking about taking my LP but now I think I am going to pass it down. I have a parlor acoustic which was my grandpa’s that I think I might take down with me. Any one else??

Passed on. I'm not much for "taking it with you." Think it should get some use. Although the archaeologist in me thinks it would be cool to be dug up in 500 years and have them find an anciant instrument with me. Wonder what the breakdown rate of a Les Paul is?

might i ask... waht parlor acoustic? is it a stella?

and to answer your question, my guitar shall be passed down for years more to come. it should always be played and loved [biggrin]

Literally has no name. Cheapest POS you could ever imagine but it still belonged to my gpa and so it means something to me. Not worth a dime to anyone else.

I'd say passed on.

In think my baby bro (28 years younger) might enjoy having my guitars. Other than that, sell 'em and give the money to a good charity like the local museum.

I figure I'll either get an cloud-light es175 or a fireproof version of the same at some point, so I needn't try to take anything with. Yeah, I'm for cremation too. It's cheaper for relatives and I'm not there any more anyway.

m

my grandmother recently passed away (at 95!), and we donated her piano to her church. we had a little plaque made for it in her memory too.

I think musical instruments are just that: instruments. Tools you use to channel your creativity and ability into the world. Personally I'd like mine to continue to do so, once I can no longer use them.

;-)

Passed on. I'm not much for "taking it with you." Think it should get some use. Although the archaeologist in me thinks it would be cool to be dug up in 500 years and have them find an anciant instrument with me. Wonder what the breakdown rate of a Les Paul is?

Check out seemerot.com its a camera buried with a body 6 foot under ground. I have been watching it for some time. Its interesting to see just how long decomposition takes.

Archived