Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone here play guitar?

ShredAstaire

Joaquin, I can't listen to your track just now....i don't have a plugin and its asking me to pay some money. I will figure it out in the morning!!

Again, thanks to those who listened and provided feedback! Joaquin was the only one to post his stuff...anyone else got something they wanna share?

Money?? You serious? I didn't know that... dang it! I'll post somewere else where that won't happen.. Later, Shred.

Its because its a WMV and mac's do not natively play them.....have to buy a plugin/prgram that does. I'm sure there is a free one...just gotta find it. Cheers!

2001, Mostly a rhythm track with leads. I play all guitars. It's old stuff, lol.

Tight stuff Shred! [thumbup]

Funky Graffiti

I checked this out...sounds nice. I posted about it in the Say Something nice thread...:) Good work!

Sweet, me likey.

So you take a look at that music i recommend shred?

I took a bit of a dive in but have had a busy week (It was my birthday so i haven't been home much)...I will dig in more soon. Thanks for the recs!!

I like it Shred, with a little more production those vocals would sound great. You did a real good job.

I envy you in a good kind of way.

I am in recording purgatory, 3 songs and can't seem to lay down a single good track, just not feeling it

Thanks a lot bud!!! I think i will re-record the vocals and REALLY try not to be self conscious...thank you for the compliment! Don't worry...i've got about 15 songs that I can't get anything done on right now....i feel your pain!!!

Just heard it with the vocals. You've got some powerful pipes!

No reason at all to be self-conscious about your singing. Good stuff!

[thumbup]

Hey thank you so much...thats cool to hear. Though I think it will be a while before i am a "singer"...i'm still working on my guitar playing! :)

Aw **** this is nerve wracking!!

http://www.box.net/shared/r37fvgb1jq

If i remember correctly, the arrangement is a little different....i like the newer ending better (instrumental version)...

*cringe*

Shred, your production of the vocals is top-notch! As you know, I get nervous about sharing stuff too, but this is solid! I like it much better with the vocals - the added layers of melody/texture make it feel more complete to me. And your intonation is fine, which is 1) all that really counts and 2) something I struggle with. Thanks for sharing this version!

EDIT: Whoops, not trying to disagree with StiffHand... maybe I just don't know as much about vocal production. 8-[ It's true that I'm not as familiar with this genre. But point is - I enjoyed listening to it. (Yes the instrumental arrangement was a bit better mixed, but that's easily fixed.) [thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having a world of trouble trying to record ideas lately, (as in the last 2 months) I do not have a great setup but on top of things I could not figure out why mic'ing my amp sounded like a$$ when I had success in the past, well it turns out there was an amp model selected in the software and my signal was going through it.

Anyway it may not seem like a great accomplishment but it is for me, I feel like I am back on the saddle again, I went back to improvising something quick since actual songs I have written have proven so challenging to record.

Check out Bedroom Rockin': Les Paul R8 > Mesa 5:25 > SM57 > computer. Both rhythm and lead recorded with bridge pickup.

Aside from not getting out of my vibrato in time to make the next note and bending sharp I was pleased with this super quick improvisation.

http://www.reverbnation.com/eplay/artist_947962

My only critisism would be that you need a bit more 'feeling' in your playing.

make every note count.

This ain't no blues standard dude. It's metal.

It doesn't need feeling, it needs attitude, and by **** it's got it.

Well done Shred!

Archived